Autocar announced six new, advanced safety updates to its Autocar ACX severe-duty cabover vehicles to make them even safer. The ACX lineup comes in 4x2, 6x4, and 8x4 configurations and is powered by either a Cummins diesel or CNG/LNG engine.
The ACX features a galvannealed steel cab with an extra thick front panel to reduce damage in the case of an accident. Additional driver comfort features include a tilt and reach-adjustable steering wheel and righthand drive configurations.
New safety features include:
- Electronic Stability Control System (ESC): Actively intervenes when the vehicle is understeering or oversteering in order to maintain vehicle stability.
- Rollover Stability Control System (RSC): Actively intervenes when the vehicle is at risk of a driver-induced, rollover event.
- Advanced Emergency Braking System (AEBS): Vehicle detects impending collision and actively engages emergency brakes.
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW): Driver visibly and audibly warned of impending collision.
- Stationary Lane Departure Warning (SLDW): Steady light located on the A-pillar illuminates with audible warning.
- Blind Spot Detection (BSD): Flashing light located on the A-pillar warns the driver of a vehicle in his blind spot.
The new, advanced safety features are added to a truck the vehicle's current safety feature lineup that includes HVAC-focused insulation, testing, specific hot and cold zone options; reduced duplicity of monitoring and controls, which minimizes confusion and clutter; tighter wheel cut and turning radius; optimized leg, head, and torso room; and more.