When looking back at the 2022 calendar year, a few of Work Truck’s feature articles stood above the rest, based on overall pageviews. This year, fleet managers were curious about diesel alternatives, medium-duty trucks, new vans, changes to regulatory requirements, and reducing fleet costs and idle time.
Work Truck has been the No. 1 resource for vocational work truck, van, and SUV fleet managers since 2007. We are the first and last place you need to look for all things fleet.
Work Truck’s exclusive and subject-matter-expert-written articles always focus on the topic, trends, and resources that matter most to Work Truck fleet managers.
The following are the most-read Work Truck articles in 2022 (as of December 15, 2022):
- Out with the Old, in with the New: Diesel Alternatives for Construction. The goal is to reduce global emissions by 2050. Does that mean completely leaving behind diesel?
- Ford F-650/F-750 Named 2022 Medium-Duty Truck of the Year. Out of a field of 18 contenders, the automaker came out ahead once again.
- Q&A: VIA Delivers: VIA Motors is not just another truck company. It’s a solution provider for a sustainable future that delivers functional, reliable, and durable work trucks with an attractive total cost of ownership.
- 3 Changes to FMCSA's Driver Qualification File Rules Fleets Need to Know. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration made a few notable changes to its driver qualification (DQ) file requirements in 49 CFR Part 391.
- Q&A: Enterprise Fleet Management Discusses Vehicle Shortage. Work Truck interviewed Angie Lauer, assistant VP of Vehicle Acquisition, to get her take on how the company, and other fleets, are faring.
- Fleet 101: What You Need to Know About Torque. Fleet professionals see the word frequently, but do they have a firm grasp of the concepts behind it? Here’s a refresher.
- Vehicle Trends in Last-Mile Delivery. Check out the latest trends in the last-mile delivery market, the impact of technology, and spec’ing tips to consider when purchasing a vehicle.
- The Death of the Small Van. The last of a dying breed of compact vans is discontinued. Where does that leave fleets?
- Idle Reduction: Tips for Today's Work Truck Fleets. Eight tips are shared to help mitigate idling and reduce fuel spend in modern work truck fleets.
- Reducing Work Truck Fleet Costs & Increasing Uptime. Fuel, maintenance, safety, spec’ing, and selling strategies to help benefit fleet budgets are shared.