Following a successful first year, Continental’s Make Power Smart app announced a new version of the app that will include updates and enhancements for the user. The app will also now be available for download in Europe for Android and iOS, marking exciting growth in Continental’s new way of working with belts.
Updates and improvements include:
- Users can sign up and manage drive systems properly for a better customer experience.
- English, German, French, Spanish, and Italian available.
- A belt category and access to the product specification page for easy identification and application.
- Easily calculate and select a belt for a two-pulley system.
- Measure the tension value of a drive system in a fast, easy and intuitive way.
- Measure the diameter of the pulley, the center distance, and the wrapping angle from a picture.
“At Continental, we are always looking for new and improved ways to provide value to our customers,” said Jenelle Ogburn, Head of Americas Industrial Distribution, Power Transmission Group.
“The Make Power Smart app has been a successful step of launching into the digital age to help our customers do work easily and effectively, and we’re excited to enhance the user experience and grow the app outside of the North American market.”
The app allows users to get a digital and interactive analysis of a belt with just a few clicks on their smartphone. It also provides important data on the drive condition, enabling users to improve the belt drives themselves on the site — with all the tools needed on one easily accessible app.
The Make Power Smart app was originally conceived as part of Continental's internal innovation competition and was later chosen as the winner. It originally launched in the summer of 2021 and has consistently received positive reviews from customers.
The app is available for download in the AppStore and Playstore. If you already have the app installed on your mobile device, please update it to the latest version which is available now.