The annual Truck Product Conference held by NTEA - the Association for the Work Truck Industry - will go virtual for 2020. The event is scheduled for September, with the exact dates, full schedule, and official list of participating OEMs still to be announced.
Given current challenges and concerns surrounding COVID-19, NTEA made the decision to reimagine this year’s conference, which offers key insights from leading OEMs on new model-year commercial vehicles.
While there may be a few changes this time around, event attendees will still have the opportunity to:
- Learn potential upfitting challenges and solutions.
- Hear critical upfitter modifcations.
- Find body builder resources.
- Live Q&A with chassis OEMs.
Chris Lyon, NTEA director of Fleet Relations told Work Truck that “industry fleets, along with specification writers and vehicle engineers, attend NTEA’s Truck Product Conference to become familiar with OEM offerings in the coming model-year. This event gives fleet professionals an opportunity to discover the latest chassis manufacturer products for integration and how they can utilize new platforms and technologies."
During the virtual conference, leading chassis OEMs will share:
- Product upgrades and launches.
- Critical upfitter modifications.
- Positions on technical issues.
- Potential upfitting challenges and solutions.
- Where to find body builder content and related resources.
- Answers to attendee questions during live Q&A.