The Women In Trucking Association (WIT) announced its third annual list of Top Women to Watch in Transportation.
The editorial staff of WIT’s Redefining the Road magazine selected these individuals for their significant career accomplishments in the past 12 to 18 months as well as their efforts to promote gender diversity.
“This year, we’ve identified 51 talented, resourceful women who stand out as top performers in a field of highly qualified nominees,” said Brian Everett, group editorial director and publisher of Redefining the Road magazine. “This accomplished group of women represent a wide range of skill sets and expertise, and underscore how women bring diverse thought, value and results to businesses in the transportation market.”
Those listed on the 2020 Top Women to Watch in Transportation work for motor carriers, third-party logistics companies, equipment manufacturers, retailer truck dealers, professional services companies, technology innovators, and private fleets. Their job functions include corporate management (32%), operations/safety (32%), sales/marketing (9%), human resources/talent management (6%), customer service (5%), engineering/product development (5%), finance (6%), and professional drivers (5%).
“This impressive group of women leaders is not only pushing the envelope in their own careers but also for women in the industry,” said Ellen Voie, WIT president and CEO. “We are thrilled to recognize and celebrate their accomplishments.”
The 2020 Top Women to Watch in Transportation:
- Stevi Alexander, Program Management Director, Peterbilt Motors Co.
- Heather Allen, Distribution Center Manager, YRC Worldwide
- April Bassett, Director of Safety, Venture Logistics, LLC
- Rosie Berkemeier, Director of Finance, YRC Worldwide
- Niki Bolton, Senior Truck Auditor & Executive Projects Officer, American Truck & Rail Audits, Inc.
- Alexis Burns, Controller, Veriha Trucking
- Carolyn Chaplin, Director of Final Operations, Mack Trucks
- Megan Cheney, Director of Pricing & Revenue Manager, Veriha Trucking
- Rachel Christensen, Vice President of Intermodal Operations, J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc.
- Shonda Claborn, Driver Relations Manager, Carter Express
- Misty Darnell, Vice President of Corporate Development, Paschall Truck Lines, Inc.
- Bree Davern, Director of Business Development, RFX Inc.
- Leah Dawson, Assistant General Counsel, YRC Worldwide
- Eve Drinis, Learning & Development Director, Herc Rentals
- Charlynn Driscoll, Director, Meetings & Education, Consumer Healthcare Products Association
- Angela Eliacostas, President and Founder, AGT Global Logistics
- Jessie Essman, Co-Founder and COO, Forager
- Mary Jane Evans, CEO, Veritable Vegetable
- Susan Fall, President and Founder, LaunchIt Public Relations
- Gabby Francisco, Digital Marketing Strategist, CFI
- Tammy Gerdes, Service Center Manager, Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.
- Tisha Gropp, Safety Manager, Crete Carrier Corporation
- Arelis Gutierrez, CEO and President, Aria, Logistics LLC
- Dana Hall, Director of Transportation Procurement, Transplace
- Jennifer Hammond, Professional Driver, Dixon Bros. Inc.
- Amy Ilyes, Vice President Logistics Engineering, Penske Logistics
- Kristen Johnson, Partner, Taylor & Associates
- Mauryo Jones, Sr. Director, Safety, Health & Security, Ryder, Inc.
- Kristy Knichel, CEO, Knichel Logistics
- Katerina Koutska-Jones, Senior Director of Marketing and Business Development, Fleet Advantage
- Marybeth Mack, Director Accountability, Performance, & Operational Excellence, YRC Worldwide
- Laura Manning, Director of Safety & Fleet Services, National Van Lines
- Jessica Mock, Sr. Transportation Manager, Dot Transportation, Inc.
- Ann Mary Myers, Engineering Supervisor, Kenworth Truck Co.
- Shelly Moore, VP Technology Services, YRC Worldwide
- Beth Potratz, President & CEO, Drive My Way
- Jill Quinn, President, Centerline Drivers, TrueBlue
- Sharon Reynolds, Chief Information Security Officer, Omnitracs
- Mari Roberts, Transportation Sr. Director, Frito-Lay (a division of PepsiCo)
- Diana Rossi, COO, RFX Inc.
- Gina Ryan, Sales Manager, Mid-Market, KeepTruckin
- Cheryl Saxton, VP Terminal Network Solutions, YRC Worldwide
- Susan Schmerheim, Professional Driver, Ecclestone Horse Transport
- Amanda Schuier, Senior Vice President, Quality Transport
- Lily Shen, CEO, Transfix
- Ashley Shomin, Assistant Treasurer, YRC Worldwide
- Sarah Statlander, VP Human Capital & Talent Acquisition, YRC Worldwide
- Melissa Tomlen, VP Accountability & Performance, YRC Worldwide
- Julie Van de Kamp, Vice President of Customer Experience, U.S. Xpress
- Stacey VandeVusse, Director Field Human Resources, YRC Worldwide
- Elaine White, Regional Sales Manager, YRC Worldwide