Transervice Logistics Inc., a provider of customized transportation solutions, is celebrating the company’s 50th Anniversary year with a program lineup of internal and external events designed to promote its heritage and services, recognize outstanding employees and service partners, and contribute valuable training opportunities, insights, and solutions related to topical transportation industry issues.
Founded in 1969 by three transportation executives, the company initially provided full-service leasing out of eight locations in four states, supported by 35 employees with the corporate headquarters established in Lake Success, N.Y.
And while the home base is still anchored in Lake Success, Transervice’s customized transportation services now encompass logistics, dedicated contract carriage, fleet leasing, contract maintenance and material handling equipment leasing and maintenance. The company manages more than 25,000 pieces of equipment at 124 customer locations across North America -- including 43 throughout Quebec and Ontario Provinces – with dedicated onsite operations at each service center, a business model that is exclusive to Transervice in the transportation industry.
According to Dennis Schneider, president of Transervice who joined the company in 1972 and eventually acquired it with two partners in 1985, New York 7-Up has the distinction of being its first customer and Canada Dry Bottling of New York the oldest, an active account from 1977 to the present. Transervice’s diverse roster of signature accounts includes The New York Times, Walgreens, The Kroger Company, Exide Technologies, Bimbo Bakeries USA, and Bell Canada Enterprises.
During its 50th Anniversary Year, Transervice will:
- Host celebration events for its corporate and satellite location employees
- Introduce an Anniversary logo, timeline, company history video and retro-themed newsletter
- Create a themed Anniversary exhibit booth for NPTC and IFDA trade shows
- Sponsor a panel discussion at a national transportation industry event addressing mechanic and driver recruitment efforts and other industry topics
- Publish a series of White Papers on critical industry issues
- Provide award recognition to outstanding drivers and mechanics in the Transervice system
- Offer a tuition policy for truck technicians
- Make a 50th Anniversary donation to a local non-profit