Starting January 1, 2024, Thermo King is set to include telematics hardware bundled with a two-year Tracome standard with the hardware standard feature across its APU, trailer, and large truck product lines.
This initiative builds upon Thermo King's ongoing integration efforts, having incorporated TracKing telematics hardware into Precedent trailer units since 2018 and the T-90 large truck series since 2020.
Thermo King Embeds Telematics Across the Board
Notably, the third Generation TriPac APU, unveiled earlier this year, marked a milestone by being the first APU to offer telematics as an optional feature.
Commencing in 2024, all Thermo King APU, trailer (both over the road and rail), and large truck products will not only include telematics hardware as a standard feature but will also come with a complimentary two-year service subscription.
This integrated telematics solution provides valuable fleet data, empowering customers to optimize fleet efficiencies.
It enables managers and operators to harness the full energy potential of Thermo King's refrigerated transport solutions. Beyond efficiency gains, the telematics support load integrity, playing a crucial role in preventing food loss throughout the cold chain, safeguarding assets, and delivering additional benefits.
Thermo King's 2024 Lineup Comes Complete with Telematics
The many benefits of TracKing telematics include:
- Real-time asset connectivity: Visibility into the reefer monitoring system such as the temperature set-point, fuel levels, load condition including actual load temperature, and both past and present asset location is available 24/7.
- Maximum uptime: Service reminders and alerts help minimize vehicle downtime, prevent costly, unplanned asset breakdowns, enhance maintenance practices, and improve fleet utilization to balance fleet workload.
- Compliance and security
- Temperature compliance is proven with reports and graphs that log temperatures of sensitive cargo throughout every point in its journey.
- Asset security is confirmed with door sensor data that records all door openings, allowing temperature and security management.
- Cargo traceability monitors shipment location and condition to proactively manage delays. Geofencing capabilities with notifications can also be set.
- Access to innovative dashboards: Information summaries offer insights into overall fleet performance and readiness scores. This technology turns data into practical intelligence by delivering information that matters most to fleets to improve operations.
- Data sharing capabilities: TracKing telematics can be easily integrated into third party websites and/or backend systems to meet the needs of all customers.