The new F-150 is coming, and it is built tough and smart, pushing boundaries with a 1-ton payload and 7-tons of towing, access to power on or off the grid, hands-free hitching and driving, and an all-new tailgate that is ready to take the pickup segment by storm. There is also new 2024 F-150 Police Responder with updated features.
One of the secrets to F-150’s success is Jim Farley, Ford CEO, self-proclaimed "secret weapon," Ford Pro.
Why Ford Pro?
Ford Pro customers encompass roughly half the market share in the top industries that rely on full-size pickup trucks to get the job done. These customers choose the F-150 over any other competitor.
These industries include:
- Government (Ford has a 63% market share; the next closest competitor is 22%)
- Road/highway maintenance (Ford has a 60% market share; the next closest competitor is 17%)
- Mining (Ford has a 56% market share; the next closest competitor is 23%)
- Emergency vehicles (Ford has 54% market share; next closest competitor is 22%)
- Landscaping/Horticulture (Ford has a 50% market share; the next closest competitor is 23%)
- Construction (Ford has a 45% market share; the next closest competitor is 24%)
2024 Ford F-150 Police Responder
The 2024 Ford F-150 Police Responder is also availble, engineered to meet a wide range of law enforcement agency needs with the right tool and right size for the job. Plus, fleet order banks opened in November.
From more cargo space for emergency response equipment to transporting horse trailers, boats and mobile command centers on and off road – the F-150 Police Responder offers greater standard towing capacity, payload capacity and interior passenger volume than any other police vehicle.
Ford Pro police customers enjoy an always-on, connected customer experience with a comprehensive suite of vehicle, financing, service, and software solutions, including Ford Pro Telematics and fleet management software that can reduce downtime and improve idle time and fuel consumption by 50%.
New standard features include:
- Police Perimeter Alert – Enhances situational awareness by monitoring the exterior of the vehicle for motion and potential threats, automatically securing the vehicle and officer if a threat is detected.
- Police Engine Idle – Lets officer remove the key and securely exit the truck without losing power to lights and sirens.
- Police Dark Car – Turns off interior lighting and allows the dash cluster to be dimmed during surveillance.
- Supplemental Heated Sanitization Solution– a solution that temporarily raises interior temperatures above 133 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes to help reduce the viral concentration by more than 99%.
- Ford Pro Upfit Integration System (UIS) – UIS makes upfits and programmable control easy, and integration with 12” digital displays seamless – the only other UIS-enabled Ford vehicle next to Super Duty.
Ford has been manufacturing police vehicles since 1950 and is proud to support those who serve and protect our world. Today, the Ford Pro lineup of police vehicles leads the market, outselling all other manufacturers of police vehicles. Ford estimates that approximately 350,000 Ford Pro upfitted vehicles are in service supporting police, fire and utility and emergency services.
Updating an Iconic Pickup Truck
What’s more is that the New F-150 enables intelligent features that connect to Ford Pro for an all-in-one solution that accelerates productivity, maximizes uptime, and improves the total cost of fleet ownership with:
- Pro Power on board (standard 2.4kW, up to 7.2KW), HP & TQ (430 horsepower and 570 lb.-ft. of torque – the most on any F-Series vehicle outside Raptor and Raptor R)
- Ford Pro Telematics and software to help commercial customers track vehicle data and insights.
- The new 5GLTE modem enables over-the-air software updates, faster connectivity, and up to 7.2kW of Pro-Power Onboard power for a ‘go-anywhere’ mobile office.
- More standard driver-assist features (10 in all) than any other competitor, improving operator safety and protecting fleet bottom lines; this includes standardized Ford Co-Pilot360 2.0 and towing technology package on XL.
- Access to over 650 Commercial Vehicle Centers and a growing footprint of Service Elite commercial service centers, including over 800 mobile service vans in operation, for convenient maintenance solutions that reduce fleet downtime.
Commercial customers have access to Fleet Start Inhibit, which allows fleet managers to control when their vehicles can be started. Fleet managers can set schedules or send down on-demand signals to enable/disable start on the following key cycle. This requires a paid telematics subscription and the Vehicle Security add-on.
The Vehicle Security application allows fleet managers to set alerts for “Inconsistent Location,” Security/Door alerts, and Trigger the Vehicle Alarm.
Ford truck leadership also includes hybrid trucks.
Through the first half of 2023, Ford F-150 is the best-selling full-hybrid pickup truck. F-150 Hybrid sales are up 28.1% over the first two quarters of 2023. As a result of this increasing demand, Ford is nearly doubling the production rate of hybrid trucks, which would include the Ford Maverick hybrid, for the 2024 model year.
Reduced pricing on hybrid powertrain provides better fuel economy while reducing carbon footprint at a price point equivalent to Ecoboost.
Editor's Note: This article was originally published in Sepetember 2023 and updated with new info.