Paccar and Platform Science have collaborated to integrate Platform Science's Virtual Vehicle in Kenworth and Peterbilt trucks.
Virtual Vehicle is an open OEM platform that enables fleets to access:
- Software solutions.
- Real-time vehicle data.
- And third-party applications directly from their vehicles.
With Virtual Vehicle, Kenworth and Peterbilt customers will have access to a customizable platform that delivers an unlimited canvas, and the ability to elavate their capabilities to innovate and utilize, manage, and deploy digital applications.
Virtual Vehicle Platform Benefits
The Virtual Vehicle platform, which Paccar will deploy in its Kenworth and Peterbilt trucks beginning in 2024, offers many benefits to fleets, including:
- Productivity: With factory-installed telematics hardware, fleets can maximize uptime by avoiding installation delays and costs for complementary hardware.
- Flexibility: Virtual Vehicle allows fleets to create a software experience catered to individual business needs through a growing pipeline of developer-created innovations.
- Accessibility: Virtual Vehicle leverages edge, cloud and in-dash data to optimize networks, keeping data available 24/7/365, even when fleets are offline.
- Cost-effective: Users of participating applications on Virtual Vehicle benefit from usage-based billing.
"TruckTech+ has built a great foundation for the Kenworth connected vehicle since 2017. Through this partnership Kenworth will expand its telematics system to provide customers with third party applications through the Virtual Vehicle platform," said Kevin Baney, Kenworth general manager and Paccar vice president. "Fleets will benefit from enhanced operating efficiencies through access to software solutions, real-time vehicle data, and third party applications directly from their connected Kenworth trucks."
Kenworth and Peterbilt Models
In a press release, Kenworth stated the new suite of services will launch in 2024 for Kenworth’s Class 8 models:
As for Peterbilt models, according to a Peterbilt press release, the new suite of services will launch in 2024 with Class 8 models:
See all comments