Thirteen organizations and individuals were honored at Natural Gas Vehicles for America’s (NGVAmerica) 2022 Industry Summit and Annual Meeting for their contributions toward the advancement of natural gas as a transportation fuel.
These annual awards are presented to nominees from all stakeholder segments, including but not limited to: NGV industry equipment and service suppliers, policymakers, customers, and clean air/clean transportation advocates.
Nominees’ disciplines include education, government relations/policy development, public relations/communications, marketing, technology, and operations/applications, among others.
Making the Community Healthier
“We are genuinely proud to award these hardworking individuals and organizations for the work that they do and the communities they serve,” said NGVAmerica President Dan Gage.
“Because of their contributions, we are moving to make communities healthier with fewer emissions through the increased use of readily available, carbon-negative renewable natural gas as a transportation fuel.”
The 2022 NGV Achievement Award Recipients are:
- Pacific Green Trucking, Inc. Natural Gas Fleet Program
- Contract Transport Services, LLC Natural Gas Fleet Program
- City Furniture Natural Gas Fleet Program
- Denver International Airport Natural Gas Fleet Program
- Ecology Auto Parts Natural Gas Fleet Program
- Tops Friendly Markets Natural Gas Fleet Program
- Jacksonville Transportation Authority Natural Gas Transit Fleet Program
- SMART Wilsonville, OR Natural Gas Transit Fleet Program
- Jordan, UT School District Natural Gas School Bus Fleet Program
- DeKalb County, GA Natural Gas Public Fleet Program
- Chris Byers NGV Horizon Award
- Brent Tesla NGV Horizon Award
- Jim Arthurs Lifetime Achievement Award
Renewable Sources as Fuel
NGVAmerica remains strong in its quest to have 80% of natural gas vehicle on-road motor fuel in the United States will derive from renewable sources by 2030.
In October, the company announced that California fleets with bio-CNG achieved carbon negativity last calendar year for the second straight year. According to the California Air Resources Board, 98% of all on-road fuel used in natural gas vehicles was renewable natural gas in 2021.