NTEA – The Association for the Work Truck Industry is pleased to announce the formation of Fleet Advisory Council, composed of innovative and forward-thinking fleet leaders who will provide perspective and guidance on Association resources for the work truck community.
“NTEA continues to increase its efforts to keep the fleet management community informed on the latest trends in products, alternative fuels, and regulations impacting the design and specification of commercial vehicles,” said Fleet Advisory Council Chair Tony Orta. “I am looking forward to working with such a respected group of fleet managers as we support the Association in this endeavor.”
The Council will offer insights on how the Association’s current efforts to support educational programing, vehicle optimization and design, regulatory compliance, risk management, alternative fuels, and electrification and technology applications are resonating with industry fleets. In preparing for future needs of fleet professionals, Council members will help identify new areas of support aligned with NTEA’s technical and regulatory focus.
“This diverse group of fleet experts extends the reach of the Association and brings decades of experience from the vocational fleet society,” said Christopher Lyon, NTEA director of fleet relations. “This group will provide ground-level perspective on issues, challenges, and solutions that fleet managers face every day.”
The NTEA Fleet Advisory Council members include:
- Tony Orta (Chair), Fleet Operations Manager, Southern California Gas
- Dean Ainardi, Assistant Utilities Fleet Manager, Tacoma Public Utilities
- Scott Bucciere, Fleet Operations Manager, Davey Tree Expert Company
- Jamie Cooke, Chief Operating Officer, Department of General Services Montgomery County, Maryland
- Robert Ellingsworth, Fleet Manager, Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Tom Lattimore, Statewide Fleet Operations and Maintenance Coordinator, Minnesota DNR
- Jimmy Pang, Engineering and Development Lead, Verizon Fleet Operations
- Kelly Regan, Fleet Administrator, City of Columbus
- Kathy Wellik, Director of Fleet Services, Iowa State University