The South Coast AQMD released Program Announcements for the 2020 Carl Moyer Program, including the SOON (Surplus Off-Road Opt-In for NOx) Provision.
Funding categories include:
- On-Road Heavy-Duty Vehicles, including transit fleet vehicles, drayage trucks, solid waste vehicles, public agency/utility vehicles, and emergency vehicles (fire apparatus)
- Off-Road Equipment, including:
- Marine Engine Repower
- Shore Power (if project is not subject to CARB’s At-Berth Regulation)
- Construction Equipment
- Agricultural Mobile Equipment (loaders, tractors, water pulls, etc.)
- Cargo Handling Equipment
- Infrastructure to fuel or power a zero-emission or near-zero-emission, heavy-duty vehicle or equipment, including but not limited to: on-road heavy-duty vehicles, cargo handling equipment, and marine vessels (shore power).
Additionally, In response to public safety concerns related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), South Coast AQMD is changing the upcoming Carl Moyer Program workshops to webcast only. Visit the Carl Moyer Program webpage for webcast updates and other information at www.aqmd.gov/moyer.
The application deadline is 1 pm PST, June 2, 2020.
All applications must be received either electronically through the South Coast AQMD’s CMP Online Application Program or on paper with submittal to the South Coast AQMD Headquarters (21865 Copley Drive, Diamond Bar, CA 91765) no later than the application deadline. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply electronically. To apply online, visit the Carl Moyer Program page here, then inside the box at the top, click the link “To Apply Online.”