The Ditch Witch RT45 is ideal for trenching 4- to 5-foot trenches, according to the manufacturer. With its direct-coupled, high-torque digging chain motor and Tier 4 engine, the RT45 has plenty of power to muscle through the earth and comes with a variety of trencher, backhoe, earth saw, vibratory plow, microtrencher, or combination trencher/plow attachment options. The operator’s station also offers users ample space and comfort, the company said.
- User-friendly operation, with color-coded speed/direction and attachment controls; backfill blade controlled by a highly responsive joystick.
- Advanced operator presence system designed to promote safety by stopping the engine when operator leaves the seat.
- Advanced air-filtration system designed to improve engine performance; air filter elements are easy to access and replace.
- Exhaust system is mounted under a composite hood with a horizontal exhaust pipe, diverting noise and hot air from the operator.
- Easy-to-use foot pedal controls the infinitely variable ground drive forward and reverse.
- Direct-coupled, high-torque digging chain motor designed for increased production and reliability.
- Tier 4, 49-hp (36.5-kW) Deutz diesel engine designed for minimal maintenance and maximum operator productivity.
- Versatility: attachments include a centerline or dual-position trencher, vibratory plow, earth saw, microtrencher, combination trencher/plow, and backhoe.
- Operator’s station features one-piece molded instrument console designed to provide ample legroom and greater visibility.
- Monochrome LCD display provides all engine diagnostics and easy-to-read gauges.
- Engine service points are easily accessible from one side, simplifying maintenance.
Originally posted on Government Fleet