Hendrickson Truck Commercial Vehicle Systems has partnered with Tadano Global to offer the AIRTEK NXT front air suspension and dual steer axle system and the ROADMAAX high capacity rear air suspension systems as a part of the chassis enhancements for the all-terrain cranes for GT-800XL-2 and GT-1200XL-2.
“In a market historically focused on lift capacity and boom capabilities, vehicle ride and handling have drastically underperformed, leaving operators demanding more out of their machines. AIRTEK NXT and ROADMAAX are the first purpose-built suspension and axle system designed specifically with the Truck Crane drivers in mind,” said Jason Shiffler, business unit director for Cranes at Hendrickson. “Our team has worked to exceed customer expectations by delivering a best-in-class ride and handling performance without sacrificing durability or vehicle operating capabilities. Utilizing Hendrickson’s industry-leading analysis and validation techniques, AIRTEK NXT and ROADMAAX have been engineered to meet the most challenging job-related demands, provide highly predictable steering and maneuverability, and deliver the lightest weight Truck Crane suspension solution in the market.”
Digging into the Updates & Benefits of the New Hendrickson Offerings
A few of the top features of the AIRTEK NXT integrated front air suspension and steer axle system include:
- Improved ride and comfort: Advanced air suspension technology assists in protecting drivers from road irregularities and hazards.
- Brake compatibility: Compatible with drum or disc brakes and accepts ¾ in. brake hardware.
- Reduced maintenance: Durable rubber front and rear bushings require no lubrication and more.
A few top features of the ROADMAAX Crane high-capacity fabricated rear air suspension system for truck crane applications include:
- Durable pivot bushing connection provides quiet operation and helps extend suspension service life.
- Rubber bushings require no lubrication.
- Reduced road shock and vibration to vehicle extends service life of cab, chassis and body equipment.
- Front portion of springs and axle form box-shaped geometry for additional stability and handling.
- Wide stance air springs provide increased roll stability and predictable handling.