Amidst the abundance of news highlighting struggles, challenges, and crises, it is important to recognize the positive occurrences within the fleet industry.
We’ve gathered the top news highlights that brighten our days and gave us a little bit of inspiration as of May 2023:
Top Fleet Stories
Here are the top eight fleet stories of the month to brighten your day from May.
- 2024 Mack Trucks Calendar Contest — Mack Trucks announced the winners of the 2024 Mack Trucks Calendar Contest. Each winning entry will represent a month in next year's Mack calendar. Thousands of Mack fans and followers voted online to choose the winning Mack trucks from among 171 submissions in seven separate categories. The winners will participate in a professional photo shoot set up by Mack.
- GM Names New Executive Leaders — General Motors has announced several executive leadership announcements. The appointments include a new executive vice president and president, North America and global vice president, customer care, and aftersales. Read more about the new leaders.
- Terex to Host Technician Competition in Summer — Terex Equipment Services will host a nationwide competition for Terex service technicians this summer. The champion will win a September trip to The Utility Expo in Louisville, Kentucky, and other prizes. Read more about the competition.
- New President & CEO at Morgan Truck Body — Corby Stover has been named president & chief operating officer of Morgan Truck Body, a North American provider of light- and medium-duty truck body manufacturing and upfits for dry freight, refrigerated, platform, and custom-built commercial bodies. Find out more about Stover.
- Lytx Celebrates 25 Years — Lytx celebrates 25 years of forging the intersection between safety and technology. From its inception in 1998, Lytx’s vision has been to help fleets get their drivers safely home to their families through technology. Find out more about how Lytx made its way in the industry.
- General Motors Announces $3M in Grants to Nonprofits — General Motors announced charitable investments in the communities surrounding its U.S. manufacturing facilities, providing grants to 157 nonprofit organizations totaling $3 million.
- Special Webinar Unveils the Future of Commercial Transportation — In a women-led special webinar, "Illuminating Options: The CV Future," leaders throughout the fleet industry discussed trends, challenges, and options regarding the future of the commercial vehicle landscape. You can watch it here.