Lightning eMotors showcased one of its vehicles and offered attendees a ride-and-drive opportunity at Work Truck Week 2023.
During the event, Lightning featured:
- Its EV collaboration with GM with a cutaway model that visualizes body style configurations. Lightning is working to become the first GM Specialty Vehicle Manufacturer to provide fully electric Class 3-6 commercial vehicles on its platforms.
- The platform accommodates school buses, shuttle buses, delivery trucks, and work trucks.
- Ride-and-drive opportunities in a ZEV3 cargo van.
Lightning representatives also shared details on recent announcements including:
- Gaining access to new federal funding through Altoona Testing and Buy America Certifications, making it easier and more affordable for companies and organizations to electrify their fleets. Transport Canada certification also unlocked additional funding opportunities in Canada.
- Lightning services such as Lightning Insights, real-time, EV-specific fleet telematics; and Fleet Planner, an EV recommendation and pricing tool.
- Lightning Energy products such as Lightning Mobile, a portable DC fast charger; and Lightning’s wireless charging collaboration with HEVO.