The 2019 Green Transportation Summit & Expo (GTSE), taking place May 21-23 in Tacoma, Wash., is shining a spotlight on the work of the outstanding women leaders in the alternative transportation sector.
The session "Women Driving the Future of Transportation: Take a Tour with These Advanced Transportation Leaders" will examine how women are driving strategic thinking, taking action, and addressing the complex problems traditionally inherent to transportation.
Five women leaders from companies like eMotorWerks, Transportation Energy Partners, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, the US EPA, and BlueStar Gas will share stories of their work that involves integrating social, economic and environmental considerations in the real work world of science, technology, sustainability, public policy and community resiliency planning.
The second day of the summit will feature a session dedicated to The Powerful Role of Women in the Electric Vehicle Industry. Women of Electric Vehicles (WEVs) is a group of industry leaders who have worked in the trenches and helped shape the market we see today. A high-level group of panelists will engage the audience in dialogue to help form the future of WEVs and the direction of the EV industry.
Featured speakers include:
- Charlotte Argue | Senior Manager, Fleet Electrification, Geotab
- Elise Benoit | Vice President, Marketing, eMotorWerks
- Tammie Bostick | Executive Director, Utah Clean Cities Coalition; Vice President of Communications, Transportation Energy Partners
- Barb Chamberlain | Director - Active Transportation Division, Washington State Department of Transportation
- Wendy Dafoe | Senior Project Leader, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Denise Kearns | Project Manager, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Andrea Pratt | Climate & Transportation Policy Advisor, City of Seattle, Office of Sustainability & Environment
- Lauren Reichelt | Clean Transportation Lead, Blue Planet Foundation & Coordinator, Sustainable Transportation Coalition of Hawaii
- Lauren Skiver | CEO, Sunline Transit Agency
- Christina Suarez | Autogas Fleet Specialist, Blue Star Gas Seattle Co.
New to the program for 2019 is the NAFA Sustainable Fleet Certification Workshop, where attendees will learn how to advance their skills to lead their organizations in implementing sustainable fleet practices. It consists of six one-hour presentations designed to educate fleet professionals on how to create a sustainable fleet program, with the option of taking an exam and being awarded the coveted NAFA Sustainable Fleet Management Certificate.
For additional information on the program, speakers and workshops, visit gtsummitexpo.com.