GM's OnStar Emergency Advisors are now using RapidDeploy Radius Mapping technology to help improve incident response outcomes.
This will benefit both OnStar members and emergency responders.
OnStar Emergency Advisors will now have a supplemental, map-based view of both publicly available and proprietary data when they are notified of:
- Car crashes.
- Stolen vehicles.
- Button presses from inside the vehicle.
- Calls from OnStar members.
This simplifies and helps expedite the delivery of necessary services.
Synthesizing Telematics Data in a Map-Based Format
OnStar is utilizing RapidDeploy's platform to help synthesize telematics data in a map-based format to provide timely and clear situational awareness for the wide range of services OnStar Emergency Advisors perform for customers who have consented to receive those services.
Key features of Radius Mapping technology include:
- Additional layers of location accuracy: upon member consent, OnStar Emergency Advisors can ping precise locations through the member’s mobile device.
- Improved mapping options on a single screen: providing supplementary information on potential evacuation routes, local emergency shelters, and weather data during severe events.
- Access to publicly available street cameras: offering a view of emergency incidences for situational awareness.
“We are honored to continue our work with OnStar as they bring RapidDeploy technology into the OnStar call centers,” said Steve Raucher, CEO and co-founder at RapidDeploy. “Next-generation technology, while originally designed for 911, has many applications where modern mapping is needed to be combined with supplemental data and we are excited to work with OnStar as our first major enterprise customer.”