Geotab has announced it has been working with General Motors (GM) Fleet and OnStar Business Solutions to provide an in-vehicle coaching service via the Geotab Integrated Solution for GM. This new safety service delivers real-time spoken alerts to help keep drivers’ eyes on the road, promoting good driving habits and helping achieve improved fleet safety.
The driver feedback service is now included in the Geotab Integrated Solution for GM. The driver feedback service is designed to trigger events via audible alerts delivered through the vehicle infotainment system when certain driving conditions are met. It provides insights into specific driving behaviors to help create awareness and encourage safe driving habits by coaching drivers in real-time. Most Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, and Cadillac models 2015 or newer equipped with compatible OnStar can get access to this feature with activation of ‘GM Premium+Driver Feedback’ plan. With no additional hardware required, the solution is immediately available in the US.
The integrated driver feedback solution allows fleets and operations professionals to encourage safer driving and help reduce accidents with real-time driver behavior coaching, including:
- Seatbelt alert: “Driver seatbelt unbuckled” audio message reminds occupants of an unlatched seatbelt and will remind the driver every 15 seconds until the seatbelt is latched.
- Hard acceleration alert: “Hard acceleration detected” audio alert occurs within five seconds of such an event, with an intentional slight delay to avoid additional driver distraction.
- Hard braking alert: “Hard brake detected” audio alert occurs for hard excessive braking, thereby improving the lifetime of the vehicle’s brakes. This audio alert occurs within five seconds of such an event with an intentional slight delay to avoid additional driver distraction.
- Speeding alert above posted speed: “Speeding detected” audio alert is played in the vehicle for the driver once speeding is detected above the posted speed, plus the preset threshold for 15 consecutive seconds and is repeated every 15 seconds until the driver is within the posted speed limit plus preset threshold.
- Speeding alert above maximum threshold: “Speeding detected” audio alert is played immediately once speeding is detected above the preset maximum speed.