This year, utility equipment news dominated, but vehicle recall stories were more popular than new product announcements.
One of the biggest updates in the industry this year was when Terex Utilities sold its boom truck, crossover, and truck crane product lines to Load King. Industry updates also came from the International Construction & Utility Equipment Exposition (ICUEE), which takes place every other year and is aimed at utility professionals and construction contractors. Several companies announced new vehicles and equipment leading up to the event.
Other major stories include a utility worker hospitalized on the job, and a California wildfire that was found to be caused by utility equipment.
These were the 10 most read utility fleet stories in 2019:
- Altec Recalls 14,000 Digger Derricks
- Terex Sells Boom Truck, Crossover, and Truck Crane Product Lines to Load King
- The Demo Expo Grows for 2019
- Altec Recalls 1,000 Digger Derricks
- PG&E Worker Hospitalized After Transformer Explosion
- Cal Fire: PG&E Equipment Caused Camp Fire
- Altec Introduces 53-Foot Boom Truck Crane
- Terex Adds 3 New Aerial Devices to TL Lineup
- Dur-A-Lift Debuts Bucket Truck
- Maintainer Introduces 24-Foot Service Crane
Interested in reading more? Every other Monday, we send out a roundup of utility fleet stories directly to your inbox. Sign up for our Utility Fleet newsletter or one of our other newsletters to ensure you don’t miss a story.
See all comments