In collaboration with American Expedition Vehicles (AEV), Chevrolet announced the 2024 Colorado ZR2 Bison with more off-road power.
This truck is purpose-built to conquer any terrain, equipped with an array of AEV off-road enhancements that help performance and deliver unmatched capability.
As an off-road-capable midsize truck, it aims to deliver off-road performance without compromising on ride quality, handling, or safety.
It has a payload of 1,050 lbs. and a max trailering of 5,500 lbs. The vehicle’s propulsion system includes a 2.7L Turbo DOHC I-4 engine with a power output of 310 horsepower. It is coupled with an 8-speed automatic transmission.
Additionally, the vehicle is equipped with 4-wheel drive (4WD) capability and a 2-speed transfer case for enhanced off-road performance.
Its capabilities have been tested by off-road racer Chad Hall in intense competitions and rigorous trials on the Rubicon Trail, further cementing its proven prowess.
Ultimate Off-Road Performance: AEV Enhancements on the Colorado ZR2 Bison
The ZR2 Bison has several features that help improve its off-road performance:
- Multimatic front and rear Jounce Control Dampers.
- AEV 17-inch beadlock-capable wheels with segment-exclusive 35-inch OD Mud/Terrain tires.
- Boron steel skid plates and rocker protectors.
- Approach angle (38.2 deg.), departure angle (26 deg.), and breakover angle (26.9 deg.)
- Standard 2.7L Turbo High-Output powertrain.
- Power-locking front and rear differentials.
- Multimatic DSSV dampers and the ZR2 chassis.
- Ground clearance of 12.2 inches.
Enhancing Safety on the Road and Off-Road
Chevrolet equips its vehicles with a comprehensive suite of safety, Chevy Safety Assist, which features:
- Automatic Emergency Braking, Front Pedestrian.
- Braking, Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure.
- Warning, Following Distance Indicator, Forward.
- Collision Alert and IntelliBeam auto high beam control.
- Available Adaptive Cruise Control.