Work Trucks in fleets all over the world idle four or more hours a day, and each hour of idle equals 1 gallon of fuel, 33 miles of wear and tear on the engine, and 22 lbs. of CO2 gas into the atmosphere. It’s not only harmful to the environment but it wastes thousands of dollars every year.
Lithium-ion battery technology has evolved, and ZeroRPM uses that technology to provide a solution that ends idling. Did you know the ZeroRPM Idle Mitigation system can eliminate 70%-80% of unnecessary and costly idling?
Why Idle-Mitigation Technology?
On March 2, 2023, Xantrex sponsored a webinar with Work Truck focused on reducing fuel, emissions, and wear-and-tear with plug-in hybrid technology.
Terry Yates, sales manager for Xantrex, and Todd Self, director of sales and business development at ZeroRPM, shared the benefits of reducing and eliminating idle in work truck fleets.
A few of the top highlights Yates and Self shared include:
- Understanding idle mitigation – running your power loads with little to no engine idle with the same end result.
- Benefits of idle mitigation solutions from financial savings to overall wear-and-tear.
- Insights into hidden mileage – work trucks with more hours than equivalent driven miles.
- Emissions reductions and overall environmental benefits.
- Features including ZeroKEY (allowing drivers to securely leave the vehicle while the system takes care of climate control and equipment power), ZeroIDLE, ZeroDraw, Electric PTO (optional), and more.
ZeroRPM and Xantrex offer a fully integrated system with complete insight into your operations. The system is full adaptable and fine-tuned to your specific operation based on integrated measurement tools.
Curious about the costs, warranty support, and more? Watch Now! The full webinar is available now, on demand.
See all comments