Marathon Brake Systems is introducing a complete line of heavy duty shock absorbers.
Marathon shock absorbers are designed and built to reduce vibrations from suspension systems. These hydraulic shocks feature rugged construction with reinforced welds, end mounts, and piston seals to provide consistent performance over the life of the shock.
Marathon shock absorbers:
- Heavy duty design for long service life.
- Models for wide range of over-the-road and severe duty applications.
- Tough, high tensile strength end mounts.
- Reinforced welded perimeter and end mounts for greater durability.
- Chrome finished tempered steel piston rods protect from corrosion.
- High viscosity hydraulic oil for consistent performance over life of shock.
- Durable piston seals for optimum performance and life.
- Design offers increased hydraulic oil capacity to protect internal components.
- Greater driver comfort and safer driving.
- Prevent premature tire wear.
- Protect vibration-sensitive components.
During the extension movement, the shock’s hydraulic stop design has the top hole covered by the inner cylinder head, creating a layer of oil that protects the shock from topping out and damaging components.