The web-based interface of the telematics solution provides continuous visibility of cold chain assets via a centralized data stream that shows trailer temperatures, location, and movement. The platform can also enable remote control of refrigeration unit settings. Connected fleets can improve operations by optimizing refrigeration equipment usage, achieving greater efficiency and helping to manage refrigeration unit maintenance.
Depending on configuration and service plan, customer benefits include:
- Trailer temperature monitoring and control for compliance and accountability.
- Automatic notifications as trailers arrive and depart from geofenced areas.
- Real-time alerts if a warning condition occurs on a unit in service.
- Refrigeration unit performance monitoring for fuel efficiency and product protection.
- Labor-saving wireless data transfer for remote setpoint management, pre-trip diagnostic routines, hands-free trailer precooling and more.
- Fuel level monitoring, helping to avoid low-fuel incidents requiring emergency callout service.
- Door switch monitoring to track deliveries and identify potential theft situations.
- Improved refrigeration unit uptime made possible by continuous analytic and diagnostic information about refrigeration units.
For fleets to take advantage of their built-in telematics systems, commissioning by an authorized Carrier Transicold dealer is required along with selection of a data plan. Three plans are available: 1) Monitor, 2) Two-way Monitor and Control and 3) Monitor and Enhanced Control, adding exclusive capabilities for data downloads, remote software updates, and adjustments to Carrier Transicold IntelliSet control configurations.
Standard hardware includes the 4G LTE communications module, antenna, and wiring harness. Optional peripheral components such as fuel sensors, temperature probes, door switches, and solar panels can be specified as needed.