Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, a manufacturer of Miller brand arc welding equipment, announced the release of the new EnPak A60 solution for medium-duty Class 5-7 work trucks. The EnPak A60 power system provides integrated multiprocess welding, battery charge/crank assist, compressed air, hydraulic power, and electric power.
“The redesigned EnPak A60 delivers more options and capabilities in one space-saving machine, so operators can get more done,” says Matt Sherrick, product manager, Power Systems Division, Miller. “For fleet managers who demand the highest quality products and want to reduce truck engine idle time, the new EnPak A60 delivers more capabilities for Class 5 and above truck configurations.”
The expanded capabilities of the new EnPak A60 eliminate the need to carry additional equipment, maximizing available payload space. EnPak A60 capabilities include:
- Integrated multiprocess welding: Delivering the weld quality and reliability Miller is known for, the EnPak A60 provides up to 325 amps — at 100% duty cycle — of output to meet welding and machining needs in the field, including line boring, structural repair, bucket repair and more.
- Hydraulic power: An available integrated hydraulic pump with up to 16 gpm hydraulic output delivers fast, smooth, reliable and precise crane operation.
- Compressed air: A 60 cfm rotary-screw air compressor offers uninterrupted airflow that easily powers impact wrenches and pneumatic pumps on the jobsite.
- Battery charge/crank assist: The EnPak A60 provides up to 150 amps of DC power for 12/24-volt battery charging and up to 300 amps for crank assist.
- Electric power: The EnPak A60 includes a 7,500-watt generator that delivers continuous 120/240-volt, 60 hertz power for high-demand electrical tools — and any other electrical needs on the jobsite.
The new EnPak A60 includes an industry-exclusive turbocharged diesel engine, which delivers high torque at lower speeds. This delivers performance in every environment — even at high elevations — so operators have the power they need to work anywhere.
In addition, the EnPak A60 features an LCD control panel that improves the user experience, gives full visibility to the system and empowers technicians to manage power needs. The intuitive dashboard shows key performance indicators of all EnPak A60 systems and lets operators change settings and configurations quickly and easily. Power Priority also enables operators to maximize available power by prioritizing the air compressor or hydraulic system based on what’s important for optimal tool performance.
Technologies included in the EnPak A60 help maximize efficiency so fleets can get more done and save money.
- Chassis Power: Integrated into the truck battery system, Chassis Power monitors the battery and automatically charges it with up to 150 amps of power, so operators can run inverters and 12-volt tools that have big current draws. They don’t need to stop working and periodically start the truck to charge its battery or worry about draining the battery and being stranded on the jobsite.
- Auto-Speed technology: Advanced Auto-Speed technology automatically adjusts engine speed to match compressed air, battery charge and weld demands — reducing fuel consumption, maintenance costs and noise for a safer, more efficient jobsite.
- Auto Start/Stop: This feature automatically turns the EnPak’s engine on and off based on demand, reducing fuel consumption.