Rand McNally has released the 2019 edition of the Motor Carriers Road Atlas, offering guidance on truck-accessible roads, state regulations, and tolling information.
Each year Rand McNally updates and enhances the atlases' maps and content. This year's updates and enhancements include:
- Revised U.S. state and Canadian province maps;
- Updated restricted routes, low clearance, and weigh station locations;
- A revised 22-page mileage directory that includes more than 40,000 truck-route-specific, city-to-city mileages;
- An overhauled On-the-Road Directory with state and provincial permit agency phone numbers and websites, low clearances, and weigh stations, as well as hotlines for road construction and conditions;
- Updated toll system contact information for each state;
- And an updated review of Hazardous Materials Regulations.
The Road Atlas is available in multiple formats, paperback, with laminated pages and a spiral binding, and in a larger print version.
"The Motor Carriers Road Atlas continues to be an indispensable tool for professional drivers," said Stephen Fletcher, CEO of Rand McNally. "While Rand McNally has pioneered key technologies such as advanced mileage and routing software and connected vehicle solutions, we are equally committed to updating and delivering new editions of our industry-leading atlases each year."
Originally posted on Trucking Info