As the "big game" approaches this Sunday, Truckstop surveyed over 1,200 carrier customers in anticipation of one of America's most anticipated sporting events of the year.
Sunday's Big Game stretches beyond the realm of sports, significantly affecting the logistics and transportation industry.
From increased freight demands to drivers adjusting their schedules, the insights from Truckstop's Big Game survey provide a unique perspective on the intersection of sports, entertainment, and logistics.
The survey revealed the following insights:
Big Game Survey Highlights:
- Nearly 60% of carriers will take time to watch the Big Game.
- 24% of carriers will change their driving schedule to ensure they can watch the big game.
- 61% of carriers believe Kansas City will win, while 39% believe San Francisco will win.
- Close to 20% of carriers are unfortunately driving during the big game; however, not all intend to listen to the game while on the road.
- Five percent of Truckstop carriers indicated they would be hauling items designated to support the big game.
"I've already taken three generators out to Las Vegas and will likely take more. When I saw the stadium's address on the Truckstop load board, I jumped at the chance to haul for the big game. This is the first time I saw the stadium open and not under construction," shared Cardell Stewart of Stewart & Co Transportation LLC.
Will you be watching the big game? Or will you be on the road? Comment below and let us know!