The Chevrolet Silverado EV Work Truck is ready to electrify your fleet business. Designed from the ground up, GM Envolve noted that it brings the power of Ultium to the truck that businesses depend on.
The Silverado EV 4WT offers 450 miles of range on a full charge, so there’s plenty of time to get things done. Plus, by offering up to 8,000 lbs. of max towing, the Chevrolet Silverado EV can deliver a lot of things, including GM's promise to create capability without compromise for businesses everywhere.
Check out Work Truck's series of updates and information covering the Chevrolet Silverado EV.
New Chevrolet EV Specifications Announced
With truck fleets and the general public eager to have another electric work truck option, Chevrolet released the following truck specs for the 2024 Silverado EV:
- Wheelbase: 145.7 in.
- Overall length: 233.1 in.
- Overall width: 93.9 in.
- Overall height: 78 in.
- Turning circle: 42.16 ft. (RST with available four-wheel steering)
- eTruck volume: 10.7 cu. ft.
Exceeding Expected Power and Capability
At launch, the Silverado EV will be available in two configurations, an RST First Edition, and a fleet-oriented WT model. Each will offer a comprehensive suite of standard and available safety technologies.
The offerings include:
- EPA-estimated 450-mile range on a full charge offered on WT.
- GM-estimated 400-mile range on a full charge offered on RST
- Up to 754 horsepower with more than 785 lb.-ft. of torque in available max power Wide Open Watts Mode on RST First Edition, enabling a GM-estimated 0-60 mph time of less than 4.5 seconds.
- Standard DC fast charging (up to 350kW) on WT and RST.
- Up to 10.2kW of offboard power on WT and RST with optional equipment.
- Up to 10,000 pounds of maximum trailering with up to 1,300 pounds of payload on RST.
Chevrolet first debuted the all-electric Silverado at CES 2022, during a reveal that took place during the opening keynote from General Motors.
Testing a New Era of Work Trucks
When Chevrolet first introduced the 2024 Silverado EV, more than 170,000 people placed a reservation. And, according to a GM survey, 87% of reservation holders indicated they intend to tow with their Silverado EV.
The engineering team over at Chevrolet has been busy validating the 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV Work Truck. As the automaker nears the start of the truck’s production in Spring 2023, they have released a fun teaser video (above) following a recent towing validation test.
Check out the video below, showcasing the work truck towing a 7,700-pound trailer (max tow rating is 8,000 pounds) during a recent engineering test. The Silverado EV’s chief engineer, Nichole Kraatz, was quite impressed with overall performance.
“It's so important for full-size truck customers to be able to tow, haul, and do everything that they can do in a traditional pickup truck,” Kraatz said, following the towing validation test. “We’ve set the bar and are validating an incredible product.”
Want to watch even more? Check out the walkaround of the 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV!
Editor's Note: Originally published on January 2023, updated May 2023.