Prestolite Electric has expanded the Leece-Nevillev IdlePro alternator series to include new 600-amp output at 6,000 RPM IdlePro Extreme alternators. The new alternators are ideal for mining and heavy-duty applications that require extreme performance and reliability in challenging environments.
This latest brushless IdlePro Extreme alternator features an array of advanced technologies designed to improve battery life, increase reliability, and minimize downtime in vehicles that power a high number of electrical draws at low-engine speeds, according to the company.
Prestolite Isolated Ground Technology reduces stray voltage and electrical noise, helping to protect the engine. Isolated Ground Technology maintains a closed loop of electric current, reducing both the alternator’s electronic noise signature and preventing stray electrical currents grounding through the engine block or its related parts. Prestolite notes that the IdlePro Extreme 600 Amp alternators operate at 78% efficiency and offer a minimum of over 66%t of their rated maximum output at engine idle speed.
- Ultra-lightweight design – up to 24-pounds lighter than comparable models.
- Premium high-performance brushless design helps to reduce weight/size and maintenance concerns.
- Unique, lower electromagnetic compatibility design suppresses interference & is ideal for military applications.
- Isolated Ground Technology reduces stray voltage and electrical noise, helping to protect the engine.
- Heavy duty housing help to protect against vibration-related service issues.
- Fully submersible/fording option available.
- A number of regulator options available including CAN.