Have trouble keeping track of safety recalls? We’ve rounded them up in one place for the month of August.
If you have any Ford, Volvo, Altec, or Summit Bodyworks vehicles in your fleet, check out their latest recalls.
- 2023 F-53 recreational stripped chassis.
- F-59 commercial stripped chassis.
- Component: Instrument panel.
- Breakdown: Corrosion in the Smart Data Link Connector may interfere with the Controller Area Network communication, resulting in an inoperative instrument panel.
- Solution: Ford will install a wire harness connector, and inspect and replace the Smart Data Link Connector module.
- 2023 F-Super Duty F250 equipped with the Pro Trailer Hitch Assist.
- 2023 F-Super Duty F350 equipped with the Pro Trailer Hitch Assist.
- 2023 F-Super Duty F450 equipped with the Pro Trailer Hitch Assist.
- Component: Rearview camera.
- Breakdown: The default rearview camera image may not be displayed when using the Pro Trailer Hitch Assist feature.
- Solution: Dealers will update the Advanced Drive Assistance System (ADAS) module software.
Summit Bodyworks Recalls
- Vehicle: 2019-2022 Ford Transit 350 equipped with certain Cummins Onan QG 2800i, and Onan QG 2800i EVAP generator sets.
- Component: Fuel system.
- Breakdown: The fuel hose between the fuel filter and Injection Pump Module (IPM) may not be properly secured, which can cause a gas leak.
- Solution: Cummins will inspect and replace the fuel hose if necessary.
Altec Industries Recalls
- 2022-2023 Aerial Devices (AT, TA, L44, L45, LR8, AA, AM, AN).
- D series Digger Derricks (DH, DL, DM, DT)
- Component: Circuit breaker.
- Breakdown: The power inverter that converts electrical DC power to AC power may have been installed without a circuit breaker to protect the AC output circuit.
- Solution: Altec will install a 20-amp circuit breaker in the AC circuit.
Daimler Trucks North America Recalls
- 2023 Freightliner M2.
- FCCC MT 55G Walk in Van Chassis.
- FCCC S2C-106 Conventional Cab & Chassis
- FCCC MC Chassis.
- Thomas Built SAF-T-LINER C2
- Component: Power train.
- Breakdown: The driveshafts can break under certain loading conditions.
- Solution: Replace the driveshafts.
Shyft Group Recalls
- Vehicles: 2023 Utilimaster Upfit.
- Component: Battery cables.
- Breakdown: The battery cable connections for the electrical harness may be connected incorrectly, causing the circuit protection on the cables to be ineffective.
- Solution: Install the cables and wires correctly.
Isuzu Motors Limited Group Recalls
- 2023-2024 NPR Gas.
- NPR HD Gas.
- 2024 NQR Gas.
- NRR Gas.
- 2023-2024 Chevrolet LCF 3500HG.
- Chevrolet LCF 4500HG.
- 2024 Chevrolet LCF 5500HG.
- Chevrolet LCF 5500XG.
- Component: Ignition coil pack fuses.
- Breakdown: The chassis harness may have an incorrectly sized wire seal for the 2 externally mounted engine ignition coil pack fuse holders, which can allow water intrusion and cause the fuses to corrode.
- Solution: Replace both engine ignition coil pack fuse holder assemblies.
- 2022-2023 Tundra.
- 2022-2023 Tundra Hybrid.
- Component: Fuel.
- Breakdown: The plastic fuel tube routed near metallic brake lines may chafe against the brake lines and become damaged, possibly resulting in a fuel leak.
- Solution: As an interim repair, dealers will install protective materials and a clamp on the fuel tube.
Yokohama Tire Recalls
- Component: 504C, size 11R22.5 16H tires.
- Breakdown: A defective belt cushion splice may allow air to leak into sidewall.
- Solution: Replace the affected tires.