This month’s latest tech is designed to make fleet management, sustainability, and electrification a breeze.
We have big announcements from Mullen Automotive, Volvo, and more. Check out Work Truck’s latest tech news roundup for April 2023.
Top 5 Tech News
- AI-Based Tolling & Traffic Recognition — Kapsch TrafficCom has released an update to its automatic number plate recognition software, which includes a reworked architecture with deep-learning elements resulting in better performance. The new ANPR software uses artificial intelligence to accurately identify license plates with hundreds of thousands of images in a GDPR-compliant manner.
- Mobile Charging for Construction Equipment — Portable Electric and Volvo Construction Equipment have teamed up to offer mobile charging solutions for construction sites. Volvo CE's North American dealerships will offer customers the opportunity to purchase the Voltstack 30k Level 2 e-Charger alongside Volvo electric equipment.
- Manage Tires From Your Phone — P.S.I. released TireView Live’s mobile app for Apple/Android devices. This makes many of the features and benefits of the data portal available from any location so fleets can make timely decisions about their tire management.
- Comprehensive Digital Solution for Commercial Fleets — Roadz has announced Fleetstore, a digital marketplace for commercial fleets. Fleetstore offers a range of tools to manage costs, boost productivity, enhance safety, and ensure regulatory compliance. The marketplace interface allows fleet operators to easily discover, compare, and purchase solutions from a curated selection of top providers in various categories, all at competitive prices.
- Improving Energy Management Technology — Mullen Automotive has partnered with Global EV Technology and EV Technologies to develop energy management technology for electric vehicles, aimed at improving range and performance. Global EV Technology will contribute its technology and existing contracts, while Mullen will provide capital and commercialization expertise to grow the business.