The new, all-electric 2025 Ram 1500 REV made its world debut today at the New York International Auto Show.
The first battery-electric light-duty pickup truck from Ram Truck aims to provide customers with electrified solutions and advanced technology in the years to come.
“We believe in bringing the right range of powertrain solutions to our customers and will continue to redefine the pickup truck segment. Our all-new Ram 1500 REV pushes past the competition in areas customers care about most, including range, towing, payload, and charge time,” said Mike Koval Jr., Ram brand CEO, Stellantis.
Ram 1500 REV Options & Charging
The 2025 Ram 1500 REV will offer customers two all-electric options:
- A standard 168-kilowatt-hour (kWh) battery pack with a targeted range of up to 350 miles.
- An optional 229-kWh large battery pack with a targeted range of up to an unsurpassed 500 miles.
Both can add up to 110 miles of range in approximately 10 minutes with 800-volt DC fast charging at up to 350 kW, offering customers quick and convenient charging solutions.
Vehicle-to-vehicle, vehicle-to-home, and vehicle-to-grid bi-directional charging affords the Ram 1500 REV the flexibility to charge another Stellantis battery-electric vehicle or provide power back to the grid.
The truck can also send power to a home during a storm, run the tailgate party or provide power at the camp or jobsite.
An onboard power panel in the bed can provide up to 7.2 kW while an available onboard power panel in the front trunk (frunk) provides up to 3.6 kW.
Other targeted performance figures include a 0-60 mph time of 4.4 seconds, 654 horsepower and 620 lb.-ft. of torque, up to 24 inches of water fording, up to 14,000 pounds towing and a maximum payload capacity of 2,700 pounds.
The 2025 Ram 1500 REV is available in five trims, including Tradesman, Big Horn/Lone Star, Laramie, Limited, and introducing an all-new trim, Tungsten.
The all-new Ram 1500 REV XR with a higher range will follow the introduction of the all-electric Ram 1500 REV.
Capability, Power, & Performance
The Ram 1500 REV delivers consumers a performance with dual 250-kilowatt (kW) electric drive modules (EDMs) that combine the motor, gearbox, and inverter along with all-wheel-drive capability.
The 2025 Ram 1500 REV features one EDM on the front axle with an automatic wheel-end disconnect that allows the front wheels to spin freely in certain conditions, maximizing efficiency.
A 250-kW EDM is positioned on the rear axle available with an electronic-locking rear differential.
The standard 168-kWh battery pack has a targeted range of up to 350 miles and the optional 229-kWh large battery pack has a targeted range of up to an unsurpassed 500 miles.
Both can add up to 110 miles of range in approximately 10 minutes with 800-volt DC fast charging at up to 350 kW, offering customers a quick and convenient recharging solution.
Lives will be made easier courtesy of vehicle-to-vehicle, vehicle-to-home, and vehicle-grid bi-directional charging that can send power to a home during a storm, run the tailgate party or provide power at the camp or jobsite.
An onboard power panel in the bed can provide up to 7.2 kW while the available onboard power panel in the frunk provides up to 3.6 kW.
2025 Ram 1500 REV Features
The 2025 Ram 1500 REV features include:
- New STLA Frame designed specifically for full-size electric vehicles featuring a body-on-frame design.
- High-strength steel frame comprised of advanced materials to be lightweight yet stiff and durable.
- The STLA Frame is wider in the middle to efficiently incorporate the battery pack while still using protection afforded by the frame rails. A full-length aero belly pan further enhances the segment’s most slippery truck with an estimated .340 coefficient of drag.
- A multi-link independent rear suspension with standard, segment-exclusive, active-level, four-corner air suspension with adaptive damping.
- Adjustable air suspension enables five different modes: entry/exit, aero, normal, off-road 1 and off-road 2. All-new 22-by-9-inch aluminum wheels wrapped in 275/50R22 Pirelli Scorpion all-season tires achieve an unmatched combination of wear resistance and reduced road noise.
- Autonomous vehicle capabilities include Hands-free Active Driving Assist and ParkSense Automated Parking System. Active Driving Assist is available for hands-on-wheel/eyes-on-road and hands-free/eyes-on-road automated driving using lane centering with adaptive cruise control. The system uses multiple sensors, including radars and cameras, to dictate appropriate roads for the technology.
New 2025 Ram 1500 REV Designs
The all-electric Ram 1500 REV includes signature lit “tuning fork” premium LED headlamps, a lit R-A-M badge reimagined in a modern, contemporary script, and a one-touch power-operated frunk with a best-in-class 15 cu.-ft. of space available.
Other designs include:
- Body-color front fascia to differentiate it from the rest of the light-duty lineup.
- Fender openings stretched to cover 20- or 22-inch all-terrain tires.
- Newly designed hood that is both svelte but muscular, maximizing internal frunk volume by the sculpting of the external surface.
- The charge port on the driver’s side front quarter panel, when plugged in, is illuminated by blinking premium LED lighting.
- An audible sound signals the Ram 1500 REV is plugged in and charging has begun. The charge port features Level 1 and Level 2 AC charging on the top half and DC fast charging on the bottom half of the charger.
- Tungsten models feature an all-new power tailgate and a new R-A-M badge. Like the front, the rear of the Ram 1500 REV features an all-new, EV-specific, premium LED taillight design that spans onto the tailgate, indicating it is Ram’s all-electric light-duty offering.
- Lockable bed storage in the segment with the unique and convenient RamBox featuring a 115-volt outlet. RamBox is illuminated, highly versatile, weatherproof, lockable, and includes drain plugs on the bottom of the storage bins.
The new 2025 Ram 1500 REV has a variety of authentic, premium materials that are both comfortable and durable, including:
- Interior carbon fiber, metal, and leather elements.
- Uconnect 5 system with a new 14.5-inch touchscreen, 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, a segment-first 10.25-inch passenger screen, digital rearview mirror, Head-up Display (HUD) and a Klipsch Reference Premiere audio system.
- E-shifter (P/R/N/D functionality with new buttons for eco mode, axle lock, hill-descent control and to open and close the frunk).
- New regen buttons (normal or one pedal driving with max regen).
- A redesigned starter button that now features an illuminated power symbol, push-button trailer steering knob and an accessory switch bank that, when equipped with the 14.5-inch touchscreen, uses buttons both on the bottom of the touchscreen and directly off screen below.
Tungsten’s Indigo/Sea Salt interior includes new platinum patina/semi-bright dual-textured metal accents featuring diamond knurling, suede-wrapped headliner, A- and B-pillars and visors, and heated and ventilated premium quilted leather driver and front passenger seats with 24-way power, including memory settings and a massage function, power lumbar support and four-way powered headrests.
Other features that give Tungsten a well-crafted, high-quality feel and appearance include a Tungsten badge on the center console featuring inlaid lettering and diamond knurling, which also proudly displays the vehicle identification number or VIN, brushed platinum patina aluminum litho bezels, a unique shifter center cap, an ultra-premium Klipsch Reference Premiere audio system with 23 speakers, all-new dual wireless chargers and a metal pedal kit.
The EV pages on the system show:
- Power Flow: Demonstrates the flow of power through the vehicle in kW.
- Range Impact: advises how to reduce energy consumption and increase range.
- Driving History: A power/charge bar chart showing energy consumption and regeneration in current, weekly, two-week, and four-week intervals.
- Charge Schedules: recommends when to charge and for how long.
- Plug & Charge: Automatically authorizes payments when plugged into a compatible charging station.
- Max Battery Level: Choice between an 80% charge level for daily/towing needs, which is optimized for battery performance, or 100% for long-distance needs.
The driver’s digital cluster display features one pedal driving that can bring the truck to a stop. Other EV gauges include current power, regen, range, and battery temperature
The 2025 Ram 1500 REV features a 10.25-inch passenger screen. Only visible to the front passenger and with dynamic touchscreen control, it offers three major functions: co-pilot (navigation, device management), entertainment (via HDMI), and the ability to view the exterior vehicle cameras.
The front passenger screen features an HDMI plug, which lets occupants connect their phone or tablet, turning the touchscreen into a mirrored extension of their device, allowing internet searches, music, and app use to project through the Uconnect 5 system.
The 2025 Ram 1500 REV features a full-color HUD that is configurable up to 10 inches and features several different content areas at once, including Lane Departure, Lane Keep Assist, adaptive cruise control, turn-by-turn navigation, current speed, current gear, and speed limit. All HUD settings can be personalized and saved within the driver profiles.
Tailored to the Ram 1500 REV’s battery-electric capabilities, the 12.3-inch digital gauge cluster includes a new screen that shows charge schedule (estimated charge times for both Level 1 and Level 2 chargers) and one pedal driving.
Nearly two dozen different menus are offered, including driver-assist technologies such as adaptive cruise control, active driving assist, drowsy driver detection, and speed limit traffic signs display.
Smartphone as a Key, in coordination with the Ram app, enables customers to use their smartphone as a key to access and start the vehicle without their phone leaving their pocket.
Ram owners can also create digital keys that can be shared with other smartphones, with full control over the access. The card key is a backup that can be used in case the phone battery is dead or if the driver doesn't have their phone with them.
A traditional key fob is standard, but the smartphone and card key options give customers more flexibility in terms of how they access their trucks.