Despite the ongoing challenges faced by the transportation industry, there have been some heartwarming and inspiring stories that have emerged in recent weeks.
These fleet stories demonstrate the resilience of those working in the sector.
Here are the top eight fleet stories of the month to brighten your day from the month of February.
- SoCalGas Helps Communities After Price Spike — SoCalGas will use $10 million in shareholder funding to help customers with bill assistance and to bolster community resources for those who may be struggling financially.
- Nissan Uses New Heavy-Duty BEVs for Delivery — Nissan is using its first two heavy-duty battery-electric vehicles to deliver new vehicles from the Port of Los Angeles to dealerships in the Los Angeles region. The first dealership deliveries were Nissan's all-new, all-electric crossover, the 2023 Ariya.
- GPS Insight Skilled Trades Scholarship Winners Named — In October, GPS Insight announced the ‘You are the Reason’ Skilled Trades scholarship program will award two students $10,000 each to pursue full-time skilled trades study at a college or accredited vocational-technical school. The two winners have been announced.
- 10,000th Mack MD Series Truck Produced — Mack Trucks produced its 10,000th Mack MD Series truck at Roanoke Valley Operations in Virginia. The Mack MD series started production at that location September 1, 2020.
- Duke Energy's Headquarters Adding Public Art — Duke Energy will get three public art installations constructed at the company's new headquarters in uptown Charlotte, the Duke Energy Plaza, to celebrate the city and company's mission.
- Lytx Awards Driver of the Year Winners — Lytx announced the winners of its 2023 Driver of the Year awards. The winners demonstrated a commitment to using Lytx’s safety technology to advance their driving and customer service skills while improving their companies’ leadership by serving as peer mentors and instructors.
- Evergreen Waste Services Gets First Electric Refuse Truck — Based in Hockessin, Delaware, Evergreen Waste Services received its fist Mack LR Electric refuse truck. The vehicle will operate in a residential area in New Castle County, Delaware.
- Landfill Solar Project Delivers Clean Energy — Jersey Central Power & Light has completed a grid connection for a 19.8-megawatt solar project located at a former landfill property in Mount Olive, New Jersey. The solar project is now delivering clean energy through FirstEnergy's transmission lines.
Read more about On the Brighter Side awards funding
See all comments