Werock Technologies GmbH introduced its Rocktab L210, a rugged industrial tablet with a large battery. It immediately complements the existing portfolio with a new model in the enterprise-class.
Developed to withstand the demands of industrial environments, the new industrial tablet from Werock has numerous features:
- Full HD 10 inch IPS display.
- 550 cd/m² adaptive brightness.
- Scratch-resistant, gesture-enabled multi-touch.
- Optional digitizer pen.
The Next-Generation of Computing Power
Prepared for demanding edge applications, the new Rocktab L210 industrial tablet offers next-generation computing power with an Intel Pentium N6415 quad-core processor ("N-series", or also known as "Elkhart Lake").
Compared to the predecessor model Rocktab L110, it thus has over 400% more computing power and with 8 GB RAM also twice as much working memory. The mobile computer comes with a 256 GB M.2 SSD storage out of the box, and the integrated Micro SDXC card reader enables a flexible storage expansion of up to 1 TB.
In standard configuration, the tablet is delivered with Windows 11 Pro, other operating systems are possible on a project basis. For optimal integration into the industrial environment, the Rocktab L210 is equipped with industrial dual-band 2x2 Wi-Fi 5 and Bluetooth 5.1. The module enables fast 802.11r roaming to ensure fast switching between different access points.
The rugged design exceeds the MIL-STD-810G standard, and can be used in manufacturing companies, warehouses, and field service.
For example, the Rocktab L210 can withstand 26 drops from a height of 1.5 meters and 100 drops from a height of 1 meter. Extreme vibrations, e.g. in vehicles, drops on concrete floors as well as dust and liquids cannot harm the tablet.
At ambient temperatures of -10 °C to +50 °C, the tablet remains 100% operational.
The new tablet was developed for long use and offers runtimes of up to 16 hours with a 68 Wh battery. When the battery is empty, it can be replaced without interruption thanks to hot-swap technology.
Versatile use and flexible integration in all environments are easily possible with the help of the extensive accessory catalog, including secure vehicle and office docking stations, carrying handle, hand strap shoulder strap, battery charger, and more.
Rocktab L210 Features
- Ultra-rugged 10.1" industrial tablet for professional use
- Scratch-resistant, bright Full HD display for outdoor work including display protection foil
- 10-point multi-touch screen, can also be operated with gloves and in the rain
- Precise operation and signature capture via digitizer possible
- Battery: Replaceable 68 Wh hot-swap battery for up to 16 hours runtime
- Extra rugged: Withstands 1.5 m drops to concrete and >100 drops from 1 m height
- Exceeds MIL-STD-810G shock, vibration and drop resistance standards
- Ideal for harsh environments as it is IP65 water and dust resistant
- Powerful Intel® Pentium® quad-core processor with up to 3.0 GHz
- 8 GB DDR4 RAM and 256 GB M.2 SSD
- Micro SD card slot for cards up to 1 TB
- Industrial 2x2 MU-MIMO 802.11ac dual-band WLAN
- Seamless roaming of different wireless cells thanks to 802.11r
- Ready for the latest applications thanks to Bluetooth 5.1
- High-end GPS module u-blox NEO-M9N
- High-end 2D barcode scanner with laser aimer (option)
- 4G LTE high-speed Internet connection with up to 300 Mbps (option)
- 1 GBit Ethernet port, USB 3.1, and display output directly on the device
- Windows 11 Pro or Windows 11 IoT Enterprise
- Fast charging with 65 watts
- Full-featured docking station with monitor outputs, USB 3, Ethernet, 2 x RS232
- Long availability: Product expected to be available until 2027
- Climate-neutral product: all greenhouse gas emissions from production and transport offset
"The Rocktab L210 is a worthy successor to the L110. It is much more rugged, many times better performing and at the same time has twice the battery life," explains Markus Nicoleit, CEO of WEROCK.
"We are pleased to expand our segment of enterprise class tablets with the Rocktab L210. It is an indestructible and powerful heavy duty tablet with monster battery for extreme jobs," Nicoleit continued.