Chevrolet introduced the first special edition Silverado ZR2 Bison in collaboration with American Expedition Vehicles (AEV).
“Our most recent collaboration with AEV resulted in the much-acclaimed Colorado ZR2 Bison. We’re thrilled to team up again to bring customers Chevrolet’s next chapter of off-road dominance, this time on Silverado,” said Scott Bell, Chevrolet VP. “The 2023 Silverado ZR2 Bison unlocks the pinnacle of the nameplate’s off-road capability.”
AEV has a track record for providing accessories in overland expedition environments. The 2019 Colorado ZR2 Bison became the most popular special edition package offered with the Colorado ZR2. Similar to the Colorado ZR2 Bison development, AEV and GM engineers and designers collaborated on the tooling and design to bring forth the Silverado ZR2 Bison with overlanding componentry.
“The Chevrolet Silverado ZR2 Bison is the ultimate half-ton truck for backcountry adventures,” said Dave Harriton, AEV CEO/founder. “The Silverado ZR2 Bison checks all the boxes — robust stamped steel bumpers, complete underbody protection, a factory-tuned off-road suspension, and locking differentials front and rear. We are confident off-road enthusiasts are going to love this truck.”
The Silverado ZR2 Bison comes standard with:
- AEV stamped steel front and rear bumpers with heavy duty recovery points and integrated step pads. The front bumper is compatible with an available winch accessory.
- Five unique hot-stamped boron steel skid plates providing protection for the front, rear differential, transfer case and fuel tank.
- Steel rocker panel protection.
- A three-piece durable steel front bumper with integrated black, vertical front tow hooks.
- Exclusive gloss black 18-inch AEV wheels paired with 33-inch Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT tires.
The vehicle features a standard 6.2L V-8 engine with 10-speed automatic transmission delivers 420 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque to power through tough terrains.
The Silverado ZR2 Bison is expected to start production in early 2023 with an MRSP of $78,490 with dealer freight charge included.
See all comments