The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company is showcasing two new tires for the growing last-mile delivery sector: the new Endurance RSA ULT and Fuel Max RSA ULT.
With the fuel-efficient Fuel Max RSA and the “electric drive ready” Endurance RSA ULT – Goodyear's first tire equipped for the higher load capacity of electric commercial vehicles – Goodyear aims to meet growing demand trends within the last-mile delivery segment driven by e-commerce, as well as fleets’ cost-savings and sustainability goals.
Compatible with EV and gas- or diesel-powered work vehicles, the Endurance RSA ULT is Goodyear’s premium 17.5-in. all-position tire for last-mile delivery vehicles, pickup trucks, and light trucks. The Endurance RSA ULT is equipped to handle the higher load capacities of EVs and is the first commercial tire stamped with Goodyear’s “electric drive ready” designation or badge.
Endurance RSA ULT features advanced technologies to deliver durability, traction, and longer miles to removal:
- IntelliMax Rib Technology stiffens tire tread, resulting in longer tread life for more deliveries.
- New tread geometry applied to the bottom of the grooves helps reduce stress and casing damage.
- Deep, open zig-zag tread pattern with stone-penetration protectors help enhance traction and resist stone retention on urban streets.
- Aggressive tread design with mud and snow (M+S) and three-peak mountain snowflake (3PMSF) designations helps improve performance in challenging winter driving conditions.
- Premium casing provides toughness and durability from curbing for maximum retread-ability.
Goodyear’s Endurance RSA 17.5-in. ULT will be available in Q2 2022 in 215/75R17.5 size. Additional sizes will be added mid-2022.
Fuel Max RSA ULT is Goodyear’s premium 19.5-in. regional pickup and delivery-combination commercial tire. Balancing traction, fuel efficiency, and mileage, the new tire features:
- Goodyear’s Fuel Max Technology, a tread compound that offers low rolling resistance for better fuel efficiency, which helps deliver longer wear and lowers cost per mile.
- M+S and 3PMSF designations for all-season traction, including in the winter.
- New enhanced casing providing durability and maximizing retread-ability.
Goodyear’s Fuel Max RSA 19.5-in. ULT is available now in sizes 225/70R19.5 and 245/70R19.5 for regional, pickup and delivery, last-mile delivery, emergency response, and electric utility applications.