Attendees to the 2021 Fleet Forward Conference will be available for ride-alongs of an electric cab chassis made by Zeus Electric Chassis Inc. makers of configurable Class 4 to 6 all-electric vocational work truck cab chassis models.
Zeus will bring its medium-duty Class 5 Z-19 model (19,500-pound GVWR) with a flatbed body. The vehicle will be part of Innovation in Motion, the conference’s ride-and-drive and technology showcase, taking place on Thursday, Nov. 11 from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. PST.
With a 105kWh battery pack, the Z-19 offers 290 continuous horsepower and 2,040 lb.-ft. of continuous torque. The Z-19 can handle a payload of up to 8,000 pounds and has a towing capacity of up to 40,000-pound GCWR.
Zeus also makes the Z-22 (Class 6, 22,300-pound GVWR) and Z-26 (Class 6, 26,000-pound GVWR) models. Each model will be available with a variety of cab options.
Zeus recently aligned with JB Poindexter & Co. (JBPCO) to integrate JBPCO’s commercial truck bodies, utility truck bodies, and vehicle cargo management systems with the Zeus cab chassis. Zeus also plans to utilize JBPCO’s North American operational footprint to help establish a nationwide service and support network for Zeus trucks.
The Zeus cab chassis with JBPCO body designs will be available for commercial fleet pilot programs in 2022.
Innovation in Motion
Sponsored by Element and Geotab, Innovation in Motion offers conference attendees the opportunity to ride, drive, and experience electric vehicles and other technologies available now or coming soon to the fleet market.
Experts will be on hand to explain and the vehicles and technologies ranging from electric passenger cars and commercial vehicles to demonstrations of an electric pallet, solar EV charging, a mobile cleaning unit, and an autonomous tractor.
Displays and Demonstrations
- Beam EV ARC 2020 Sustainable EV Charging Unit
- Waymo Via Class 8 Peterbilt-based autonomous tractor
- BrightDrop EV600 van & EP1 electric pallet
- Ford F-150 Lightning and accessories
- ELMS Urban Delivery Van and Utility Truck
- Spiffy Combo Van for mobile oil changes, washes, and interior services
- Ford e-Transit Van
- Volvo XC40 Recharge
- Polestar 2 sedan
- Roush CleanTech Class 6 Zero-Emission Battery Electric Vehicle
- Lightning eMotors Electric Transit Cargo Van
- Club Car Current EV
- Chevrolet Bolt EUV with In-Vehicle Coaching by Onstar
- GMC Sierra 3500 HD with XLP plug-in hybrid electric drive system from XL Fleet
The 2021 Fleet Forward Conference convenes in person at the Hayes Mansion in San Jose. Online registration is open until Wednesday, Nov. 10, after which onsite registration is available.
Originally posted on Fleet Forward
See all comments