On Sept. 28, BrightDrop announced the completion of the first production builds of the EV600, as well as unveiled a new addition to its vehicle lineup, the EV410, a mid-size eLCV designed for smaller, more frequent trips. Verizon, one of the largest fleet operators in the U.S., is the first customer slated to integrate the EV410 into its field maintenance and service fleet.
BrightDrop’s newest vehicle, the EV410 combines many of the same features of the EV600, boasting more than 400 cubic feet of cargo area, a shorter wheelbase of just over 150 inches and length of under 20 feet. This new, mid-size delivery van offers exceptional curb management, maneuverability, and can fit into a standard-size parking space.
Well-suited for faster, smaller payload deliveries or as a service vehicle — from online grocery delivery to telecom maintenance — the EV410 offers versatility and expands zero-emissions driving to companies like Verizon, helping them meet their sustainability goals.
The EV410 is the latest vehicle in BrightDrop’s ecosystem of last-mile solutions, joining the EV600, the company’s first eLCV slated to hit roads later this year; the EP1, an all-electric smart container designed to replace the age-old dolly; and a software platform for fleet and asset management. BrightDrop plans to begin EV410 production in 2023 at CAMI Assembly.
“Getting our first electric vehicles on the streets in record time before another peak holiday shipping season is the best gift we could receive this year, especially when we consider the supply chain headwinds the world is facing right now,” said Travis Katz, BrightDrop president and CEO. “This is a strong statement to the market of how our unique operations setup, which marries the cutting-edge innovation, agility and focus of a technology startup with the scale and manufacturing might of a major automaker, can deliver real value to both customers and the planet.”
The EV410 will be available with many of the same range, segment-leading safety, and driver convenience features of the EV600, including:
- Estimated range of up to 250 miles on a full charge.
- Available at a gross vehicle weight rating of less than 10,000 pounds.
- Security system with motion sensors to help keep cargo secure.
- Unmatched comfort and convenience for drivers through features designed, based on hundreds of hours in the field, to help them do their job more efficiently and with more ease, such as a low step-in height, front sliding pocket doors, wide cabin walkways and an available large auto-open cargo bulkhead door.
- Segment-leading safety features to keep both drivers and pedestrians safe.
- Standard safety features include front and rear park assist, automatic emergency braking, forward collision alert, following distance indicator, front pedestrian braking, lane keep assist with lane departure warning, intellibeam automatic high beams, and HD rear vision camera.
- Additional available safety and driver assistance features include rear cross traffic braking, blind zone steering assist, reverse automatic braking, HD surround vision, rear pedestrian alert, and enhanced automatic emergency braking, among others.