The new Jeep Wrangler xtreme recon package will debut at the 2021 Chicago Auto Show on July 14.
“For the first time ever, the new Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package delivers 35-inch tires straight from the factory,” said Jim Morrison, Vice President, Jeep Brand North America. “We have been listening to and watching our customers make this one of the most popular modifications to their Wranglers, and now we will deliver this exciting new package, along with a 100:1 crawl ratio, off the showroom floor at our Jeep dealerships.”
The new Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package includes:
- LT315/70R17C (35-inch) BF Goodrich KO2 all-terrain tires
- 17-inch by 8-inch beadlock capable wheels
- 4.56:1 axle ratio
- 1.5-inch factory suspension lift with uniquely tuned shocks
The results: Best-in-class approach angle, departure angle, ground clearance and water fording capability:
- Approach angle – 47.4 degrees
- Breakover angle – 26.7 degrees
- Departure angle – 40.4 degrees
- Ground clearance – 12.9 inches
- Water fording – 33.6 inches
Customers can now order the Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon package on both Wrangler Rubicon 4-door and Wrangler Rubicon 392 models. Production at the Toledo (Ohio) Assembly Plant will start in August. A new 4.88:1 axle ratio will be available on the Wrangler Rubicon. When paired with the six-speed manual transmission, this optional axle ratio delivers 100:1 crawl ratio for increased wheel torque and control when navigating off-road obstacles. The 4.88:1 axle ratio will be available for ordering later in 2021.