September 14, 2023
Faces of Fleet: Za Farley - Diversifying Fleet with Black Fleet Network
This episode of Truck Chat: Faces of Fleet features Exavious "Za" Farley, CEO and founder of the Black Fleet Network.
There is still a major diversity gap in our industry. Enter, the Black Fleet Network, a growing collective of professionals. The Black Fleet Network is "a mosaic of professionals who drive the industry forward ... Our expertise is immeasurable, and our vibe is the substance that defines culture.”
Exavious has been a familiar face in the fleet industry since 2015, including several years with Bobit, where Work Truck saw his passion for fleet and people first-hand. Work Truck Executive Editor, Lauren Fletcher, sits down with Za to discuss:
- Za's eclectic job history and background and how his path led him to fleet.
- What is the Black Fleet Network?
- How the Black Fleet Network addresses the void that needs to be filled, lack of representation, and increasing advocacy in the automotive space.
- Understanding BFN’s mission: “Creating greater equity within all facets of the fleet industry for professionals and students who are Black, African American, or of Black African descent,” and the steps they are taking to make that happen.
- Bobit is excited to be a canopy-level sponsor of the Black Fleet Network. Find out more about some of the different opportunities to support BFN, including how anyone, regardless of race, can stand up and support BFN’s efforts.
- The need for community and industry involvement in efforts such as BFNs. What can WE all do to help?
- The biggest lessons learned fleet and how much people truly matter.
This episode was sponsored in partnership with U.S. Bank.
🤝 Follow and connect with Work Truck on social media!
Prefer to listen?