Calling all engineers and metalworkers.
The Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers (STLE) is hosting a two-day educational program on lubrication and metalworking fluid basics.
The program takes place March 15-16, 2023 at Argonne National Laboratory in Lemont, Illinois.
The goal is to help industry professionals advance their knowledge of lubrication and metalworking fluids while preparing them for STLE’s Certified Lubrication Specialist (CLS) or Certified Metalworking Fluids Specialist (CMFS) certification.
The course will benefit a wide range of lubrication and metalworking professionals, including formulators, manufacturers, commercial personnel, and end-users.
Lubrication and Metalworking Program Outline
The Basic Lubrication 101 educational program, Wednesday, March 15, will cover base oils, bearings, gears, grease, hydraulics, lubrication additives, synthetics, and more:
- Base Oil Fundamentals, Dr. Selim Erhan, Process Oils, Inc.
- Fundamentals of Lubrication, Yvette Trzcinski, HF Sinclair
- Additives for Lubricants, Chris Schmid, The Lubrizol Corporation
- Synthetic Lubricants, Dr. Ken Hope, Chevron Phillips Chemical Co.
- Fundamentals of Grease, Dr. Na Liu, FUCHS Lubricants Co.
- Lubricant Test Methods, Mike Anderson, Falex Corporation
Metalworking Fluid Basics, presented by Patrick Brutto, CMFS, Faith-Full MWF Consulting, on Thursday, March 16 will include case studies, laboratory testing, market trends, performance factors, raw materials, and more:
- MWF Components and Formulations
- The Importance of Water Quality
- Workpiece Metallurgies and Tool Materials
- Performance Factors and Laboratory Tests
- Machining Variables and Processes
- Market Trends
- Environmental, Health and Safety Factors
- Failure Modes and Possible Causes (detailed problem-solving guidance)
The two-day registration fee is $345 for STLE members and $450 for non-members, and the one-day registration fee is $199 for STLE members and $264 for non-members. For students, the two-day registration fee is $175, and the one-day registration fee is $99.