Daimler Trucks North America has launched the second generation of its Express WriteUp mobile application. Express WriteUp2 helps service advisors and customers adhere to social distancing guidelines established by the CDC during the COVID-19 outbreak.
“The Express WriteUp2 tool has been a major help to us as we strive to maintain the health and safety of both our customers and our employees while keeping the nation’s trucks running,” said Mike Payne, director of continuous improvement, Velocity Truck Centers. “Through the app, we can complete repair orders without having to interact face to face, ensuring we maintain social distancing and get the process started quickly.”
Express WriteUp was initially released in 2017 to enable Freightliner and Western Star dealers to create a repair order with a mobile device, allowing service advisors to remotely pull vehicle mileage, fault codes, and trip details that seamlessly load into Uptime Pro via a Bluetooth adaptor, as soon as it enters the shop.
The newest enhancements to Express WriteUp2 include:
- Easier navigation with a new look and feel and faster vehicle processing.
- Ability to add a purchase order number to the repair order.
- Improved fault code integrity.
- Ability to update dealership profile information.
- Creates a repair order for all approved dealer management software suppliers.
- Ability to easily change VIN based on screen displayed.
- PDF creation of reports on Claim History, Component Detail, Inspection, Warranty Coverages, including One Stop and Preventive Maintenance.
Originally posted on Trucking Info
See all comments