Weather Guard introduced the Weather Guard Custom Van Configurator. This interactive, online tool allows users to visually build out custom van upfits for Ford Transit and Ford Transit Connect models. Utilizing Weather Guard products, such as storage modules, bulkheads, shelving, and other organizational accessories, professional contractors and tradesmen can now customize their vans based on specific application needs.
“The standard upfitting process can be difficult to navigate, especially when trying to choose equipment to perfectly fit the dimensions of a vehicle,” said Pete Edwards, director of product management for the Weather Guard Van Storage division. “The technology based platform of the Custom Van Configurator provides a convenient way for end-users to customize their van interior utilizing exact measurements to select the equipment package that best fits their needs.”
The Weather Guard Custom Van Configurator simplifies the upfit process from concept to installation by allowing users to visually and interactively place partitions, racks and bins, shelving, and ladder racks in a three-dimensional digital model of their cargo van. Users can build their own storage package or utilize one of the pre-configured pro packages that are tailored to the unique requirements of specific trades, including electrical contracting, plumbing and HVAC.
How it works:
- Select the vehicle make, model, wheel base and roof height.
- Choose a pre-configured van package or skip ahead to select products individually.
- Configure the vehicle by selecting products, including a bulkhead, storage modules and roof rack.
- To finish the van package, the online tool also enables the end-user to add additional accessories.
- Finally, as a registered user, the customer will receive a printable drawing, parts list and can submit for quote to a certified installer in the area.
Once the user has completed their free registration, they can save their equipment list and search for local distributors to contact for a quote. Users can also request to be contacted by a Weather Guard customer care representative who will review the customized configuration and refer the customer to one of over 400 certified van installers in the US and Canada.
A future update to the Custom Van Configurator will include enhanced functionality as well as more van makes and models available for customization.