Driving Dynamics Inc. has introduced its CoachInsight Advantage certification course for fleet drivers, which serves as a precursor to its DriverAdvantage behind-the-wheel training, the Newark, Del.-based fleet safety provider announced.
CoachInsight is a four-day employer-onsite program that prepares company fleet safety professionals to conduct Driving Dynamics' DriveInsight Advantage driver safety course. Coach candidates participate in a combination of classroom lectures, role-play scenarios and driving exercises.
Upon successful completion, certified coaches will be able to:
- Motivate drivers to become highly engaged in the improvement of their safety behind the wheel
- Analyze, interpret and incorporate the results of the CoachInsight driving skills and behavioral assessments to conduct personalized driver improvement coaching sessions
- Instruct drivers on how to properly perform the skills-based, One Second Advantage advanced performance safe driving techniques
- Implement the proprietary, CoachInsight coaching method to help drivers evaluate and reflect on the results of their online assessment responses
- Guide drivers to determine which skills and behavioral deficiencies are most important for them to address and improve
- Assist drivers in producing their own personal safety action plans designed to reduce risk and reinforce positive driving habits
- Conduct a comprehensive development drive that enhances self-awareness, builds confidence and encourages a long-term desire to minimize risk while driving
- Complete a final observation summary report for each driver coached
Graduates will receive a certificate of completion, a starter pack of driver coaching materials, a unique identification number and support access to Driving Dynamics coaching pros. To keep credentials in good standing, graduates are required to coach a minimum of 10 individuals in their organizations per year and complete a recertification course every two years.
"This course includes validated driver assessments, our proprietary coaching methodology, an e-learning supplement and our exclusive One Second Advantage safe driving philosophy," said Ben Langley, director of training development and innovation and the company's master coach. "Coach-graduates will be equipped with all of the tools needed to guide fleet drivers in discovering and addressing how their behaviors and skills influence their driving capabilities thereby affecting a positive reduction in road incidents across the fleet."
Driving Dynamics is showcasing its CoachInsight Advantage program at booth #157 during the 2019 iP Utility Safety Conference and Expo from April 30 through May 2 in Denton, Texas and at booth #2611 at the American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP) Safety 2019 from June 9 to 12 in New Orleans.
Originally posted on Automotive Fleet
See all comments