August 17, 2023
Faces of Fleet: Dain Giesie - The Ride from Rodeo to Fleet
This episode of Truck Chat: Faces of Fleet features Dain Giesie, assistant vice president of business development at Enterprise Fleet Management.
Dain is far from a stranger to the fleet industry. He is responsible for strategy development, government business lines, industry partnerships, and overall marketing efforts. But did you know about his rodeo background? Born and raised in a small town in Texas, Dain grew up around horses and ranches as far back as he can remember.
He doesn’t remember a time when he didn’t have a rope in his hand. After graduating, he continued the pursuit of his gold buckle dreams on the professional circuit before joining Enterprise Rent A-Car over 20 years ago as a Management Trainee.
Work Truck Executive Editor, Lauren Fletcher, sits down with Dain to discuss:
- Dain's upbringing in Texas, surrounded by horses and ranches, led to his passion for roping. He started rodeoing competitively around age 10 and pursued his dreams through high school and college.
- Like the fleet industry, the Western lifestyle and rodeo foster community and teamwork. The importance of supporting and rooting for each other is highlighted, leading to a culture of hard work and discipline.
- Rodeo teaches valuable life lessons, such as doing the right thing when no one is looking, taking care of responsibilities, and supporting one another. Dain's experiences in the rodeo world translate into his career and family life.
- The sense of community, teamwork, and discipline learned from rodeo translates into Dain's approach to leadership at Enterprise. The value of teamwork, showing up even when it's tough, and helping others succeed is emphasized.
- Rodeo experiences taught Dain to control what he can accomplish, how to work hard, and ability to accept what can't be controlled. These lessons are applied in business, enabling perseverance and dealing with disappointments.
- The interview highlights the importance of collective success. When customers and employees succeed, the business prospers. Dain draws parallels between the rodeo's camaraderie and Enterprise's customer-centric approach.
- Dain emphasizes the concept of leaving things better than they were found, being good stewards of the business, and taking care of customers and employees. This approach leads to long-term success and energizes his career.
🏫 Learn more about Enterprise Fleet Management!
🤝 Follow and connect with Work Truck on social media!
Prefer to listen?