Ford Motor Company, the Ford Fund, and Team Rubicon teamed up for Team Rubicon Powered by Ford.
It’s a new disaster relief initiative to serve the growing number of communities across the United States that are impacted by hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, and wildfires.
According to studies, 90% of U.S. counties experienced a federal climate disaster between 2011-2021.
Ford’s investment — which includes a fleet of vehicles, a $2.5 million philanthropic donation, and a commitment to deploying employee volunteers — greatly expands Team Rubicon’s ability to provide no-cost services to vulnerable communities in the wake of these disasters and crises.
Team Rubicon Powered by Ford builds on nearly 25 years of disaster relief efforts by Ford. The company has invested in disaster relief efforts since 1999, when a catastrophic earthquake struck Turkey, and Ford mobilized vehicles, volunteers, and other lifesaving aid in the region.
Ford's Vehicle Donation Amplifies Team Rubicon's Disaster Recovery Abilities
Ford Motor Company will donate a fleet of vehicles to increase Team Rubicon’s capability to power, tow, and haul tools, equipment, and machinery. Ford will provide:
- 10 Ford F-150 XL PowerBoost Hybrid trucks equipped with 7.2 kW Pro Power Onboard, enabling Team Rubicon to provide essential services to communities without electricity.
- Three Ford F-150 Lightning Pro trucks equipped with 9.6 kW Pro Power Onboard.
- Two Ford Super Duty F-350 XL trucks equipped with available 2.0 kW Pro Power Onboard.
- Two Ford Bronco 4-door SUVs equipped with Sasquatch® off-road package.
- Five years of Ford Pro Fleet Management software and scheduled service maintenance and extended warranty coverage.
The fleet of donated vehicles features a co-branded wrap design inspired by an aircraft's quick maneuverability and responsiveness with a nod to aviation tail art.
Each model has a unique rear pattern, and the wraps include reflective elements for improved visibility in dark locations.
This investment is provided by funds from Project Apollo, Ford’s initiative to produce and distribute personal protective equipment and healthcare equipment in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.