Panasonic Connect North America announced the launch of the Toughbook 40, a fully rugged, modular laptop. With a 14-in. FHD touchscreen display, the Toughbook 40 increases readability and usability for workers outside of the traditional office, according to the company.
Toughbook 40 is over a pound lighter than the previous generation despite having a larger display, delivering the perfect blend of rugged strength and extreme performance. Along with the deployment and sustainment services provided by Panasonic ProServices, the Toughbook 40 allows customers across law enforcement departments, federal agencies and utility companies to improve efficiency and reduce operational costs.
To support workers anywhere the job takes them, ranging from dense urban environments to rural communities, the TOUGHBOOK 40 features multiple cellular and connectivity optons, including a 4G modem or 5G modem. The 4G modem supports LTE, LTE-A, and speeds up to 2 Gbps.
The 5G modem (available after launch) supports 4G (LTE, LTE-A) as well as 5G (mmWave, C-band, Sub6) and speeds up to 5.5 Gbps. It seamlessly connects to the best available network without any disruption or intervention by the user. Both 4G and 5G modems support FirstNet (band 14), CBRS Private LTE (band 48) and have dual SIM (physical SIM + eSIM) for maximum flexibility.
Toughbook 40 Key Features and Highlights:
- 14’’ FHD touchscreen, 1200 nit display
- Rugged certifications include 6’ Drop, MIL-STD-810H, MIL-STD-461H, C1D2, IP66
- Eight modular user-replaceable locations including four expansion (xPAK) areas, as well as the battery, memory, storage and keyboard
- 11th Gen Intel Core i5 or i7 Processor (with Intel vPro Technology)
- Optional AMD dedicated graphics* or Intel Iris Xe Graphics
- 512GB-2TB NVMe main storage (quick-release and user-replaceable)
- 16-64GB DDR4 RAM (user-replaceable)
- USB-A and USB-C ports including Thunderbolt 4 port supporting 40Gbps data transfer speeds, power delivery and daisy chaining up to five monitors
- Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.1
- Choice of 4G modem (supports 4G LTE, LTE-A and up to 2 Gbps) or 5G modem - available after launch - (supports 4G LTE/LTE-A, 5G Sub6/C-band/mmWave and up to 5.5 Gbps)
- 4G and 5G connectivity options support FirstNet (band 14), CBRS Private LTE (band 48) and dual SIM (physical + eSIM)
- 5MP infrared webcam with privacy cover
- Tetra array microphones and 95db loud speakers
- 36 hours of battery life (MobileMark 2014) with optional second battery
- Secure Wipe option to easily and securely wipe the entire contents in less than ten seconds