Spireon unveiled what it calls the next phase in the evolution of its proprietary IntelliScan cargo sensing technology, adding Image Capture and Retrieval capabilities to the system.
According to the company, the introduction of Image and Capture Retrieval builds upon Spireon’s Intelligent Trailer Management smart trailer platform to provide actionable intelligence so carriers can maximize the return on investment of their trailer assets. The new technology will be demonstrated at the Truckload Carriers Association Truckload 2020 Conference in Orlando, Florida.
With IntelliScan, the company’s FleetLocate trailer management solution reliably and accurately reads the entire 53-foot trailer, even in extreme environmental conditions, and with varied and irregular load types such as “soft” cargo like carpet or paper, Spireon said. Now, the artificial intelligence and machine learning that detects cargo captures what it sees, arming carriers with information needed to combat detention and ensure trailer readiness.
“How many times have you wished you had eyes inside your trailer when you’re trying to validate a detention bill? How many times have you sent a driver for a trailer only to find it’s still loaded,” asked Roni Taylor, senior vice president of strategy and business development at Spireon. “With IntelliScan, not only will you know with unprecedented accuracy when a trailer is loaded or empty, now you can see it, save it and share it.”
Spireon said that with IntelliScan Image Capture and Retrieval, carriers can:
- Keep drivers driving by ensuring a trailer is empty before scheduling pickup
- Increase detention billing accuracy and improve shipper practices with proof of load/unload.
- Improve worker safety and lower liability by detecting cargo load shift before doors open.
- Minimize cargo damage and increase efficiency by detecting improper loading
- Resolve claims confidently with timestamped images that prove or disprove cargo/trailer damage.
- Recover stolen cargo and aid in prosecution with timestamped documentation.
“They say a picture is worth a thousand words; in the transportation industry, it’s worth countless dollars,” said Jim AuBuchon, president and CEO at Premier Trailer Leasing. “Image Capture and Retrieval is a game changer for us and our leasing customers.”
Originally posted on Trucking Info
See all comments