As more fleets move toward Port Fuel Direct Injection engines, Alliance AutoGas (AAG) has found a solution for those who want to lower their emissions and use cost-effective propane autogas. AAG has successfully engineered PFDI conversion systems for the 2018 Ford F-150 in two engine choices: 3.3L V-6 and 5.0L V-8. This new technology features autogas as the primary fuel, while strategically utilizing gasoline as a combustion lubricant.
At the 2018 Work Truck Show in Indianapolis, AAG will display two vehicles with the new Propane-PFDI (P-PFDI) technology offering participants the opportunity to view the new autogas system.
The 2018 F-150 is only the beginning of P-PFDI technology for Alliance. AAG engineers expect the P-PFDI engine to continue growth within the larger vehicle markets. “We plan to be prepared for the advancement of OEM technology with the complementary propane autogas conversion technology,” said Ed Hoffman, President of Blossman Services, Inc. “Propane autogas is the most popular alternative fuel worldwide, proven in more than 28 million vehicles, and we must always be prepared to meet the demand of fleets throughout the country.”
AAG’s platform specific engineered P-PFDI conversion system allows fleets to utilize autogas and experience top performance with the following features and benefits:
- Reliability: The new autogas PFDI system provides performance fleets can depend on in extreme weather conditions. There are no cold start issues, nor hot weather complications.
- Emissions Reduction: Autogas PFDI technology dramatically reduces tailpipe emissions, most notably include CO₂, CO, and NOx.
- Uncompromised range: “Fleet managers can relax – this P-PFDI system eliminates the range anxiety that can come with other alternative fuels. The P-PFDI system retains the same range as gasoline to keep your vehicles on the road, no matter where it may lead,” stated Hoffman.
- Proven OE hardware: The P-PFDI conversion system is an adaptation of AAG’s proven technology that is currently utilized on over 100,000 vehicles globally with demonstrated success.
- Support: AAG provides an industry leading 5-year/100,000-mile warranty supported by a trained nationwide service network.
The new P-PFDI technology will be unveiled at the 2018 Work Truck Show. Fleet managers who are considering the cost and environmental benefits of alternative fuels will be able to interact first-hand with the autogas system that significantly lowers their emissions and per vehicle expense.