The Tread Rubber and Tire Repair Materials Manufacturers Group has completed additional recommended practices for retreading and repairing tires and is making them available online.
The new recommended practices are available through the Tire Retread & Repair Information Bureau starting this week and will be free to view online. Downloadable PDF and print versions will also be made available through the TRIB online store for a fee.
TRIB is a non-profit industry association that provides private and public sectors with up-to-date information about tire retreading and repairing.
Available RPs include:
- Industry Recommended Practices for Tire Retreading and Tire Repairing
- RP-01-03 Retreading Bias Ply Medium Truck Tires
- RP-01/02-04 Solvent-Based Cements Used for Tire Retreading and Repairing
- RP-01-05 Retread Heat and Thermocouple Studies for Proper Cure Times
- RP-01-07 Extruder Operation in Retread Shops
- RP-01-08 Retreading Radial Ply Off-the-Road Tires
- RP-01-09 Retreading Bias Ply Off-the-Road Tires
- RP-01/02-10 Retread and Repair Materials Glossary of Terms
- RP-02-12 Tools Recommended for Tire Repairs
- RP-02-15 Classification and Application of Cushion Gums and Repair Materials
- RP-02-17 Section Repair of Radial Ply Truck Tires in a Full Service Repair Facility
- RP-01-18 Envelope and Curing Tube Care
“TRIB is glad to continue our partnership with TRMG to distribute these important documents," said David Stevens, TRIB managing director. “Now retreaders and tire repair companies all over the world will have free access to the best practices for tire retreading and proper tire repair."
Originally posted on Trucking Info